Notices
Scion xD Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

If your cat-back is just too damn loud, here's a great option

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default If your cat-back is just too damn loud, here's a great option

I had Mandel Bend Solutions do a custom 2.25 MagnaFlow exhaust for me last year and they did a great job, it looked beautiful. However, while I enjoyed the sound it made at WOT, it had the loudest, most obnoxious drone I've ever heard. Ahhh, I mean bad, like head-ache and glares from the wife, can't hear yourself think, bad.

So, I took it to JE and told them I wanted to keep my 2.25 piping but to do whatever they had to with the resonator and muffler to stop the drone... even if it meant taking away the great sound at full throttle.

JE saves the day, and as my xD is now my wife's xD, possibly our marriage! OK, the marriage saving is a bit of a stretch but their fix was perfect. They replaced my 14-inch Magnaflow resonator with an 18inch Vibrant muffler and put another one in place of the Magnaflow muffler. You read that right, Anthony cut out the offending resonator and replaced it with a muffler!

For me this was the perfect solution as the car still sounds very sporty with a low rumble, the drone was completely eliminated, it still sounds absolutely glorious at WOT, and they modified a machined tail-pipe that looks fantastic. Oh, and the parts were super cheap. Thanks JE, thanks Anthony!

So, if you regret getting that super cool custom catback that's just too damn loud, replacing your resonator and muffle with Vibrant 18-inch mufflers may be an option to look into.

If your cat-back is just too damn loud, here's a great option-img_6205.jpg

If your cat-back is just too damn loud, here's a great option-img_6207.jpg

If your cat-back is just too damn loud, here's a great option-img_6208.jpg

If your cat-back is just too damn loud, here's a great option-img_6209.jpg

If your cat-back is just too damn loud, here's a great option-img_6210.jpg

Last edited by ohcrap; 06-20-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh ii thought you were gonna sell ur exhaust system.. ii would of gladly take it off your hands lol. Cool beans tho.. I'm deff taking my car to je this summer since they are the only company willing to give the xd a shot.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xD_kidd91
Oh ii thought you were gonna sell ur exhaust system.. ii would of gladly take it off your hands lol. Cool beans tho.. I'm deff taking my car to je this summer since they are the only company willing to give the xd a shot.
Yeah, the guys at JE Import Performance are really great.