Notices
Scion xD Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Intake Manifold update!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Intake Manifold update!!!

I just got this message on Yarisworld:

I already made an intake for the Xd and would be glad to show you the power gains. All we nned to doa production run is to have 10 Xd owners willing to step up to purchase the manifolds. We've produced as much as 145 wheel hp with the Xd motor using our intake, CAI and ex mods.

Looks like I finally found Dynatek Now who's with me? I don't want to let this chance slip by again, especially since I didnt have the car the first time around. Also if any of you know anyone on the other forums that might be interested, please give them the heads up!!

1. CASTREX
2. coloskydiver
3. xravexboix
4. Tahoepimp
5. MtnRunner
6. theboxman
7. pickledchang*
8. Yang
9. Zefoxe*
10. tmrepp
11. dV8

Hooray!!
Old 10-23-2008, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default OFFICIAL MANIFOLD LIST

ZEFOXE, the original poster of this thread and keeper of the official list will no longer be updating the list. So in order not start a new thread I will continue to keep track of the list here on Post#2

1. CASTREX
2. coloskydiver
3. xravexboix
4. Tahoepimp
5. MtnRunner
6. pickledchang
7. theboxman
8. Yang
Old 10-23-2008, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Knew I could count on you
Old 10-24-2008, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would be down for one but is there any pics of the one that was fabbed and what an approx production price per unit is?
Old 10-24-2008, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So far, it seems like it will cost 700 for the first run. This is the original post: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=212356
Old 10-24-2008, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if theyre willing to spot me one for test only :D....im down! do i have to live in New York?
Old 10-24-2008, 08:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For the people interested on performance, and talking about bolt on parts... you can't really beat the bang for the buck of this.

15whp for $700 with the posibilty to increase the figure up to 25whp by adding a full exhaust and CAI. This has a better gain/price ratio than force induction.

Some more information I got from Richard today.

He is not looking to get any money up front for the production run. He just wants a firm posted commitment from at least 10 guys.

He has also agreed for our peace of mind to go thru a middle man for the transaction if we want to.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 10-24-2008, 08:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if hes not looking for money up front, ill let him use my car for development purposes no problem. im not looking for anything out of this other than the opportunity for there to be one more part on the market for our cars. is my being in california a problem?
Old 10-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yikes! If you get 10 buyers, I would say to collect at least a deposit. i've done multiple GBs on SL and it's usually only 40% of the actual posters that end up participating. Most WANT it, but can't AFFORD it.

Put me down for 1. I'll pay full pop up front once it's confirmed to go into production.

Also, if you want a middle man... *cough cough*
Old 10-24-2008, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TRDxD
if hes not looking for money up front, ill let him use my car for development purposes no problem. im not looking for anything out of this other than the opportunity for there to be one more part on the market for our cars. is my being in california a problem?
Development is DONE. Is just a matter of manufacturing the replicas of the prototype.

Oh and Richard's shop is in Nevada.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

their shop is in Las Vegas. Development is already done from what I gathered
Old 10-24-2008, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xravexboix
Yikes! If you get 10 buyers, I would say to collect at least a deposit. i've done multiple GBs on ScionLife and it's usually only 40% of the actual posters that end up participating. Most WANT it, but can't AFFORD it.

Put me down for 1. I'll pay full pop up front once it's confirmed to go into production.

Also, if you want a middle man... *cough cough*
According to Richard this will not be a GB exactly. He just want to see REAL insterest form at least 10 people.

He also told that for a GB in other to give a better price he would be looking for at least 20 people. I think that 10 will be hard enough to find...

Any ways it looks like is just a matter for us to find the interested people on bord.

The idea would be to consolidate all the interest/commitment posts over here on this thread..

Depending on how everything goes the logistics/distrubution/shipping could be handled by microimageonline.com They are coordinating the logistics for the Yaris Manifold and a low budget turbo kit that Richard is developing for the Yaris comunity as well.

I'm trying to get on board some of the Yaris TS folks form overseas so international shipping will be required.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="Zefoxe"]

So are you down for one?
Old 10-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry, I just termed it "GB" since it's X many required to get it produced and be worth his while. Not necessarily a cheaper price. I'm perfectly fine w/ the price. Pay to play ;)

09 Corolla 1.8L
09 Matrix 1.8L
08+ xD 1.8L

All share the same exact manifold part number. I double checked the part numbers just in case. Sometimes Toyota uses different manifolds for smog purposes.

Any current Gen Corolla/Matrix forums out there? I'll and fish up a few participants at work. We did something similar with the Solara 2.4L (that's in the tC...) exhaust manifold and it was quite successful. Of course, soon after, interest disappeared x_x
Old 10-24-2008, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Got it... Let's get this going.

I've been posting in another forums... I know Zefoxe is fishing around as well...
Old 10-24-2008, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

add me to the list, i am so down for one - i just want a little more info from dynatek:

1. photograph of said intake manifold (if possible)
2. estimated time to have it in my hands
3. dyno chart (maybe one has already been posted somewhere?)
4. installation difficulty/instructions/side effects

being a bolt on mod, im sure it will be pretty easy for the install, but i do not want to be driving around with a CEL. im also down to pay up front if you take mastercard
Old 10-24-2008, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

btw, this is by far the best news ive heard all week! dang i hope this goes through. c'mon people!

145whp would make this car move pretty good compared to stock.

zefoxe, as im understanding it, we only need 10 people to be interested in the intake regardless of what car its for, correct?
Old 10-24-2008, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pickledchang
btw, this is by far the best news ive heard all week! dang i hope this goes through. c'mon people!

145whp would make this car move pretty good compared to stock.

zefoxe, as im understanding it, we only need 10 people to be interested in the intake regardless of what car its for, correct?
That is correct... 10 people.

No matter what car (Corolla/Matrix/Scion/YarisTS) I'm already fishing and posting in other forums...

The idea is to point every interested people to this thread so this is easier to coordinate and to keep only 1 Official List .

About the Dyno graph there was and old thread here and the graph was there... I will look for it.

I will IM Richard and ask him for a Photo (he has been a little reluctant as his unit is the prototype and probably to the most shiny piece but i will ask him anyway)
Old 10-24-2008, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm..i feel like im letting you guys down, but due to financial issues im gonna have to back out of this. as of right now, even with a middle man payment, i dont think i could make a purchase like this right now. Dont count me in, but if things do work out and youre still looking for people, ill give you guys a heads up. sry guys!

Quick Reply: Intake Manifold update!!!