Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xD Drivetrain & Power (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xd-drivetrain-power-1798/)
-   -   It's coming!!! (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xd-drivetrain-power-1798/its-coming-181347/)

scionmag 02-16-2010 06:53 PM

It's coming!!!

Hey everyone!!!

So I don't have the exact arrival time for it but I we just brought down the xD project car down to Weapon-R for a final fitment of the soon to come xD Street Header.

To answer some questions I know will be coming from this post:

Cost: Unknown
Power Increase: Unknown (this was only a test fit)

More information to come as I am allowed to...

Nateson 02-18-2010 04:21 PM

Cool a header. I hope it makes at least a broader power band or more power. Tell them to hurry, my tax return is burning a hole in my pocket.

scionmag 02-19-2010 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nateson (Post 3475111)
Cool a header. I hope it makes at least a broader power band or more power. Tell them to hurry, my tax return is burning a hole in my pocket.

Once we have numbers I can post I will... and I will pass on your message about that burning tax return!!! :rofl:

xD_kidd91 02-19-2010 08:37 PM

dc is comin too out in the spring and was confirmed.

TheQuietThings 02-19-2010 08:38 PM

Hate to crash the party, but the stock xD header flows really well.... you probably wont see much gain out of this. If anything, the xD needs an intake manifold. Something you will see better gains with AND will be right in your face when you pop the hood.

Nateson 02-19-2010 09:57 PM

I am not expecting 20hp from this (far less). Man I just wants some kind of parts. Just any kind of aftermarket support. I have seen our headers and they do look ok(better than most stock), any porting or diameter increase, resonation change, ceramic coating, or just steel header, any change for the better will be welcome.

scionmag 02-19-2010 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by TheQuietThings (Post 3476748)
Hate to crash the party, but the stock xD header flows really well.... you probably wont see much gain out of this. If anything, the xD needs an intake manifold. Something you will see better gains with AND will be right in your face when you pop the hood.

The new header will be nice and I think will give some improvement... at the same time... i do agree that an intake manifold is due... I am speaking with folks who may want to build one... ^_^

I will keep you guys posted.

c2weech 02-22-2010 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by scionmag (Post 3476861)
The new header will be nice and I think will give some improvement... at the same time... i do agree that an intake manifold is due... I am speaking with folks who may want to build one... ^_^

I will keep you guys posted.

Great to hear!!! I am Have a Vibe and lurk on this site and the toyota nation rolla thread.

These parts should be compatible with all 2zr-fe applications rolla,vibe, matrix ....right???? More apps the more you can sell the makers on product development. I know that the Rolla thread is real hungry for engine mods also.

misformartin 02-22-2010 10:17 PM

theoretically they should work in the rolla however there may be some differences in like where the subrame sits so it may make it harder but i hope this gets going : )

Zefoxe 02-23-2010 01:50 AM

yea if I remember correctly, when Dynatek was going to be making us a header, they researcher found the most dramatic increase in hp was from the intake manifold, the header he designed only complemented it from there. I'm pretty certain he said the stock design was actually a good size and design, its the restriction after the header to the resonators,etc that cripple the xDs exhaust flow.

Nateson 03-04-2010 01:24 AM

Any updates! I'm anxiously twitching here. Do you think it will be out before May or June. DC sports might have one out in May.

scionmag 03-04-2010 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Nateson (Post 3492764)
Any updates! I'm anxiously twitching here. Do you think it will be out before May or June. DC sports might have one out in May.

Sorry... no updates...

Nateson 03-15-2010 03:29 AM

Updates bump.

Nateson 04-11-2010 03:03 PM

Any news?

Scion xDanno 07-20-2010 01:33 AM

im waiting for it!!! im actually more excited for the intake manifold updates

ohcrap 07-21-2010 05:29 AM

Me too...intake manifold PLEASE!