Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xD Drivetrain & Power (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xd-drivetrain-power-1798/)
-   -   New Owner: Filters, Weatherstripping, TPMS, OBD Codes (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xd-drivetrain-power-1798/new-owner-filters-weatherstripping-tpms-obd-codes-235573/)

cdes 11-27-2017 07:43 PM

New Owner: Filters, Weatherstripping, TPMS, OBD Codes

Hello, new owner here with a boat load of questions. I hope someone can point me in the right direction:
  1. My xD shoots an error code C1201. There is very little information available but all seems to point to another issue that cased this generic code. I have tried a variety of scanner but are unable to identify any other codes that may cause the C1201. Any ideas?
  2. The xD is in good condition apart fro mthe rubber weatherstripping at the windows all around. Are those available separately and fairly easy to change? Is it just cosmetic and can be left as-is?
  3. When educating myself about routine maintainance, I was wondering about the cabin air filter. Many youtume videos mention the filter being absent for an unknown reason, the funny thing is: so was mine. I know the previous owners, they always went to the dealer for service and would not have had the idea to remove anything. Is there a TSB or other reason for not having that filter installed at all times?
  4. I installed a EZ-branded quick oil drain valve for making oil changes less messy. The clearance seems to be ok but it's still sticking out. Does anyone have had any bad experiences?
  5. Before getting the car, a matainance required indication was lit up. Before I bought it, it went to the dealer for some warranty work on the front bumper. For some reason, they reset that maintainance counter. AFAIK this dash light is actually the oil life monitor. They did not touch the oil at all. When will that indicator light up next? 3k? 5k? Can it be adjusted for syntehtic 0W-20 or is it already?
  6. I have some issues with TPMS every now and then about transmitter codes not being received. I have checked the pressure and it's alright. I searched for the TPMS reset procedure but it referred to a button. My very base version does not seem to have a button. Anything I can do?
  7. What is a good time and oil for exchanging the manual transmission fluid?

Thanks!

gjpjr84 11-29-2017 12:49 AM

1. probably have to take it to a dealership cause this could be an ECM issue.

2. the weather stripping at the bottom of the door windows is easy to replace, you can search for window belt moulding or window belt weatherstrip

3. Scions didn't come with cabin air filters standard, but there was a spot for you to buy and put one in if you chose too.

4. N/A

5. the indicator can be set to go off in something like 1k mile intervals up to 5k miles. you can search and find how to reset it, no telling what they set it to, but likely 5k miles.

6. i think the TPMS reset button is below the steering wheel somewhere, or maybe in the glove box.
but you may need to replace or register the transmitters in the wheels if you're getting that error? you can search for how to reset, i think registering needs to be done at a dealership.

7. N/A

jct 11-29-2017 08:45 PM

manual transmission oil needs changed about every 30k miles

cdes 12-01-2017 07:11 PM

Thank you both! Redline MT-90 or Eneos 75W-90 GL-5. Many here seem to be raving about the latter but it's a synthetic blend?