Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xD Drivetrain & Power (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xd-drivetrain-power-1798/)
-   -   slr motorsports chip install need maf color code (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xd-drivetrain-power-1798/slr-motorsports-chip-install-need-maf-color-code-147341/)

dallasjoe 09-23-2008 10:44 PM

slr motorsports chip install need maf color code

anybody know what colors are what on my scion xd maf plug? five wires 1yellow 2 blue 3black 4green 5pink.i need to know to install my slr motorsports chip :pray:

davedavetC 09-23-2008 10:46 PM

i hope its not one of those power chips from ebay :nails:

SquallLHeart 09-23-2008 10:51 PM

sadly.. it is.. :doh:

dude. if you can.. return it and get a refund.

draxcaliber 09-23-2008 10:52 PM

stop what you are doing, and ask a mod to delete this post before everybody tells you what an idiot you are for actually buying one of these pieces of garbage and trying to install it on your car.

dallasjoe 09-23-2008 10:52 PM

no its from slr motor sports

SquallLHeart 09-23-2008 10:55 PM

oh joy a "reputable company"
just because you paid $70 doesn't mean it's not still a piece of crap...

you got scammed buddy.

dallasjoe 09-23-2008 11:00 PM

i had a jet chip on my dodge but they dont make anyting for a xd i wanted someting i got a muffler high pro airfilter but i wanted a little more if it dont help i tried

SquallLHeart 09-23-2008 11:19 PM

okay.. say you really did install it..

the denso computer will re-adjust itself and it'll be just like you never installed it in the first place.

there is no way you can really get that much horsepower out of a puny little thing like that... it takes alot more money.. and alot more time.

you got 60 days to return it.. i say you utilize it.

ChelsDS 09-24-2008 12:33 AM

I say let'm install it lol.

davedavetC 09-24-2008 03:08 AM

return it dude

dallasjoe 09-24-2008 06:28 AM

thanks fellas i will take your word and send it back i gess i will ask around before i buy

Ace83 09-24-2008 07:17 AM

^^ yup ask and search around here, thats a good gas money right there

CASTREX 09-24-2008 11:35 PM

There is NO cheap, easy way around our ECU.

If a chip could get me even 5hp I would be the first one installing it.

coloskydiver 09-30-2008 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by dallasjoe
i had a jet chip on my dodge but they dont make anyting for a xd i wanted someting i got a muffler high pro airfilter but i wanted a little more if it dont help i tried

I don't know about that. On imports, Jet requires you to mail in your entire ECU and they will completly reflash it to the mods you have. They have done a lot with Toyota's, so it is not an issue of them cracking the code. I had it done on my Nissan and was very pleased (+17HP). Also, when I was looking for computer work to be done on my Nissan, my model was not on the list online, I had to call them to verify they world do the work. I overnighted it, and if they receive it by noon Jet will over night it back that same day. So you are only down for 3 days. If you really are interested, I would give them a call. One word of advice though, do your intake and exhaust done first then the reflash. Oh and they will return the computer to stock for free for the first 2 years I think, it might be one year but still not a bad deal.