Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xD Drivetrain & Power (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xd-drivetrain-power-1798/)
-   -   xd exhaust (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xd-drivetrain-power-1798/xd-exhaust-120194/)

aroldoarevalo 11-17-2007 04:08 AM

xd exhaust

hey people.. i was wondering if anyone had installed an trd exhaust on their xd.... im planning on getting one to modify it to fit my tercel, but i dont know the dimensions of it. i seen the pictures and i think it might fit... if i have to cut the flange, thats ok, as long as the muffler fits... can anyone help me out? maybe a yaris exhaust? trd doesnt make exhaust for a tercel... :tap:

draxcaliber 11-17-2007 04:12 AM

i wouldn't bother with trd exhaust. it is really just about sounding high performance. doesn't actually flow better than stock.

you'd get better results for less doing something custom.

aroldoarevalo 11-17-2007 04:18 AM

well i was thinking since the xd is a 1.8L, the exhaust would be bigger than my tercel's (1.5L)... also, i think that trd sounds good.... it'd be cool to see a tercel with a trd exhaust...

draxcaliber 11-17-2007 04:21 AM

well, bigger isn't always better with exhaust. it is more about maximizing exhaust gas velocity while making the smoothest bends to minmalize turbulance and such right?

there really isn't anything TRD does that that isn't gone just as well in the aftermarket. they just have TRD stamped on the exhaust tip.

and it doesn't have to be xd, the celica's have 1.8 liters, so do corollas and matrixes.

aroldoarevalo 11-17-2007 04:55 AM

yea ur right... the only thing is that they sound good.. and if i go with something else, it sounds too loud. and i was thinking about the xd because of the shape of the exhaust, the celica's trd exhaust is like the tc's... its bent with the muffler sideways ant the ppipe comming out... the xd's it straight... and i know bigger isnt better with exhaust... but i just want to do something different with my car...

aroldoarevalo 11-17-2007 04:56 AM

thanks for your help i really appretiate it...

jamesIV 11-18-2007 03:19 AM

your car would look a lot better if you traded it in on an xd!!!
but seriously why would you want to put any kind of performance mod on a tercel? save the cash and put some crazy electronics in it instead

aroldoarevalo 11-18-2007 03:37 AM

because its the only thing i have... i cant afford a new "xd".. plus i have to pay for school... i've already made it look decent...

OPINIONATOR_xD 11-18-2007 10:19 PM

^ I didn't know it was possible to have a pic in the signature space on this site.

jspectoaster 11-18-2007 10:23 PM

why do people still hate on the TRD exhaust???i remember a mag tested the celica GTS TRD exhaust against greddy,HKS, and another and the TRD performed better.

blown_xa 12-15-2007 09:36 PM

you are right it did

smokeydog001 12-29-2007 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
i wouldn't bother with trd exhaust. it is really just about sounding high performance. doesn't actually flow better than stock.

you'd get better results for less doing something custom.

:no: IMHO, you obviously haven't looked very closely at the stock xD muffler, it looks like it belongs on a farm implement. While not a fan of TRD, the stock setup is a POS and a disgrace to automotive engineering. Toyota should be ashamed, I've seen better on Yugos, Ladas and other Eastern European POS. :rofl: The TRD at least appears to flow straight through while the stock one appears to have more bends than the Mississippi. :relief: I think I'll just get mine replaced with a Flowmaster or Cherry Bomb. :lalala: