Notices
Scion xD ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

2009 xD 2.0 Nav System kicked the bucket last night. Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 01:55 PM

Default 2009 xD 2.0 Nav System kicked the bucket last night. Thoughts?

Owner of a 2009 xD 2.0 here... driving last night, my GPS on map mode spazzed out, the lights for the menu and map changed color from white to blue to green to red over and over and the GPS came up with the voice and language selections. All contacts and anything saved appeared to be wiped clean, so I figured maybe it hiccuped and went back to some factory reset/showroom demo mode. Shut the car off, turned back on, held in reset button, did everything that came to mind.

Now it comes up with the splash screen and then poops out completely, totally dead. With a grinding/whirring sound going up on boot-up and down on crash.

I'm due for an oil change, so I made the appointment with Toyota for tomorrow morning and told them to look at it. To prepare myself, anyone know if this is a HUGE issue ($$$) with the harddrive or if it will be something simple like a quick tweak, fuse, or something? What am I in for? ETA: Is there any DIY fix I can do to it today?

I did update the software, but that was a long time ago. I literally hadn't touched it when this all happened so I know it's not user error.

Thanks for any thoughts!!!!