Notices
Scion xD ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Alpine HU and i-Personalize wallpaper

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Alpine HU and i-Personalize wallpaper

Does anyone know if the wallpaper from Alpine's i-Personalize website is compatible with our 2010 premium head units? I was looking under the Wallpaper for AV Head Unit section. You have to be a registered user to view them but it's free. They'll email you your registration confirmation and that's it. No spam. I have included screenshots of the compatible devices and installation instructions. The part I don't know is if our head units are directly compatible with any of the listed Alpine units. I don't want to proceed unknowingly because it's the "Keep in mind that this operation automatically overwrites (replaces) the existing wallpaper data on the product" part that has me wanting to be a little cautious. I don't want to end up putting my unit into doorstop mode.

Name:  ipersonalize1.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  32.1 KB
Name:  ipersonalize2.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  71.8 KB

Last edited by asurjc; 02-05-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what's our alpine premium unit number anyways?

i've never been able to find it
Old 02-06-2010, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Update

Our part number is PT545-00102. This is the same model no. that Alpine uses as well. There is no Alpine sister model to our units. The closest we come to is the iXA-W404 digital media station (no CD just ipod + radio capabilities)

I did call Alpine (they are so much more helpful over the phone than Pioneer ever was) and spoke to one of their techs directly. He said right off that none of these customizable options were ever ordered by Toyota to be built into these units so he doubted that they[Alpine] even built the option into the settings menu. Apparently on straight Alpine units, there's a display setting option to use a file from either a CD, or USB drive as a background. Ours doesn't have this menu option so we're stuck with either light or dark blue/yellow for now. He did tell me that there was always a chance that it may work if I just showed the unit the files. I went ahead and tried the CD-R/RW and the thumb drive methods using files from both the AV Head unit and Digital media station sections (since our aspect ratio is similar to the iXA-W404) with no success. When using the CD, the display kept repeatedly counting up to 0:04 sec of silence. In iPod/USB mode it simply said NO MUSIC. Oh well, nice idea anyway.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey, that helps a lot, i want to find the NAV chip for it. i want to put it in myself. so much cheaper.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JJGeneral1
hey, that helps a lot, i want to find the NAV chip for it. i want to put it in myself. so much cheaper.
I believe it takes more than just a chip to activate the nav function on these units. Everywhere I've looked alludes to the fact that you have to have the gps antenna hardware plug-in(PT545-00100 retail ~$630-$715), and an 'XM Cover' (PT218-52071 ~$20...this may be the 'chip' you speak of) installed as well.