Notices
Scion xD ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Crappy rear speakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Crappy rear speakers

Hello all, I came to the forums tonight looking for some advice regarding my XD. As you all know, the rear speakers are nothing special and I have 2 potential remedies in my mind. The first would be to purchase a set of JBL gto 628 6.5 inch speakers and install them in my rear doors and be done with it. Does anyone think this will have a dramatic improvement in sound? With the fader faded all the way to the rear now the speakers sound a lot like my clock radio. Yes the stock pioneer radio is set to "xd" by the way. The second option would be to remove the front speakers and install them in the rear doors. Then install the new JBL's in the front. Disconnecting the stock tweets and jumping them. Does anyone feel that this would be worthwhile? The idea is to get some better sound for low bucks. Additionally, I know this question has been asked a million times but I still cant seem to find an answer. Does the stock pioneer t1808 or whatever it is have subwoofer rca line outs? Thanks for your insight and patience. Any and all input is appreciated.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As far as improving sound quality, dont even worry about the rear speakers. The best way to setup car audio that I've heard is this: you want your car setup like the dashboard is a stage. You want the sound coming from the front. The rear speakers are just a fill, and you shouldn't worry about the sound quality TOO much. In my opinion, getting a nice set of front speakers hooked up to an amp would be the best way to go.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_107DXI5...06#details-tab

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_136JX36....html?tp=35757

That combo should yield some good sound quality without breaking the bank. Alternatively, you can also find a used amp off craigslist and save a few bones.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Thanks for the response EMrules sounds like good advice. Even the 3-400 dollars is pretty out of the question right now though. Maybe come income tax time. Anyone else have any input?
Old 09-13-2012, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the biggest problem with the rear speakers is placement. I would not even waste a second thought on them. Make your up front sound better and you won't ever look back.