Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xD ICE & Interior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xd-ice-interior-1800/)
-   -   Glove box light ? ? ? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xd-ice-interior-1800/glove-box-light-201974/)

GSBZ2112 04-17-2011 08:57 AM

Glove box light ? ? ?

A short time after I took home my brand new 2010 Scion XD, I noticed that neither of the 2 boxes had no frickin' light! With all the features and cool stuff Scion (Toyota) put in this very COOL car, they skimped out on a couple of small lights? What, they could have included both of them, at a cost of maybe $25, and marked up the MSRP another $50?!?!?! I still would have bought the car!

I know these items are not vital to the safe opperation of the vehicle or anything. Hell, I've noticed that they're not even missed by some people! People like some of my friends! .......Please, take no shots at my friends here! They mean well, owe me money and, good friends are hard to find and harder to keep.....(HAAAA HAA LMFAO,....OOOOoohhhh that's funny,...right? ?...ahwell, I laughed)

So, anyone got a lead on a SAFE mod to get me some illumination here?

JJGeneral1 04-18-2011 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by GSBZ2112 (Post 3822772)
A short time after I took home my brand new 2010 Scion XD, I noticed that neither of the 2 boxes had no frickin' light! With all the features and cool stuff Scion (Toyota) put in this very COOL car, they skimped out on a couple of small lights? What, they could have included both of them, at a cost of maybe $25, and marked up the MSRP another $50?!?!?! I still would have bought the car!

I know these items are not vital to the safe opperation of the vehicle or anything. Hell, I've noticed that they're not even missed by some people! People like some of my friends! .......Please, take no shots at my friends here! They mean well, owe me money and, good friends are hard to find and harder to keep.....(HAAAA HAA LMFAO,....OOOOoohhhh that's funny,...right? ?...ahwell, I laughed)

So, anyone got a lead on a SAFE mod to get me some illumination here?

wire LED's in. Wire to a switch. Turn on when you need em, turn off when not. LED's don't get hot. and won't draw much power. Mount a socket and have at it.

toyotaboy02 06-16-2011 02:28 AM

Or if you want to go real cheap and easy, get some drawer motion lights. No wiring needed, turn on when they detect movement. Won't have to replace battery that often, don't go in the glovebox too much:

bwhite 06-17-2011 10:24 PM

A short time after I took home my brand new 2010 Scion XD, I noticed that neither of the 2 boxes had no frickin' light!

There are 2 glove box lights... They are both above the rear-view mirror in the cabin. turn em on manually, and you can see what is in those cavernous boxes... unless you're looking for microscopic items... It's not THAT dark in the car. Or, mod the map lights with multi array LEDs and you will see even more!