Notices
Scion xD ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

No bluetooth audio sending or receiving?

Old 07-23-2017, 05:30 PM

Default No bluetooth audio sending or receiving?

I've tried connecting my iPhone SE as well as a tablet and my father's Moto G to my car via BT so that I can play all of my music directly through the stereo as well as hear GPS directions and have telephone conversations but haven't been able to hear a peep out of my stereo once paired to any device.

The radio when you put it into bluetooth mode will pair with any device no problem, and when I put it into connect mode and look at connectable devices in my iPhone menu I see "CAR PLAY" which is obviously the head unit and it connects just fine. From that point on though, no matter what I do I can get no audio to come from the speakers even though when I start the Music app up the LCD even shows the artist name and song title on screen. I've also verified that my 2012 xD doesn't even pick up audio and transmit it when in the middle of a phone call because I've called my home phone from the car and screamed to see if I could hear it through my landline and heard absolutely nothing. Anybody have any guesses as to what the problem could be? I'm leaning towards a bad stereo but before I replace it, I would most definitely take the time to take the trim off around the radio and pull the unit out just to make sure that all of the wire harnesses are connected and haven't jiggled loose over the years but that's one of those things that either usually works or doesn't...not just connect and then hear absolute silence.

Any input would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.