2008-2010 [ZSP110]

hey here ya go

Old 10-31-2006, 09:54 AM
MXa
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by iyzmi
Originally Posted by MXa
Salesman at Scion Carlsbad said that one of the new models is rumored to have scissor doors.
Yeah...rriigghhtt. Don't trust evrything your salsmen says. I was at a Scion dealership about a month ago and the salsmen tryed to convince me that it takes a long time to get a Scion because they put all the accessorys you want on either at the factory or at port even though I know for a fact they do it at the dealership. He tried to tell me that's what they do in other states he's been to also. In his small little world there were also no RS3 xA's even though someone had already posted pics of their RS3 here on SL. Moral of the story: don't trust your salsmen because they most likely know less than you do.
Who said I trust 'em?
Old 10-31-2006, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member

the salsmen tryed to convince me that it takes a long time to get a Scion because they put all the accessorys you want on either at the factory or at port even though I know for a fact they do it at the dealership.
You can indeed get accessories put on at the factory or at port. It depends on how the dealer wants to operate. It makes a big difference if someone is planning to lease, because unless the added accessories/equipment comes on the car out of the factory, you can't residualise it.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

He was trying to tell me they put them on in the port or factory IN JAPAN... So if you for example ordered cup holder LED's they'd put them on in Japan...no.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:08 AM
5 Year Member

He was trying to tell me they put them on in the port or factory IN JAPAN... So if you for example ordered cup holder LED's they'd put them on in Japan...no.
You can actually do that...it just takes forever. It is much quicker to get it done at port in the US, so I seriously doubt any dealer in the US does it as standard practice. They'd deliver about two Scions a year. :D