Notices
Scion xD ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

2014 xD GPS Enablement..

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 08:12 PM

Default 2014 xD GPS Enablement..

Hey guys, I could not figure out where to post this. I bought a Scion xD last night relatively standard - It's for work.

I know the "upgraded Audio System" includes GPS. BeSpoke Audio Premium or whatever, but I'm trying to see if anyone knows more info before I go into the dealership tomorrow to ask them.

What is it you need to do to get the "Map" button to work? He mentioned something about a monthly fee, and I've seen videos about how to DIY but why is it like that?

Also, it has no sort of Pandora integration I've noticed?

I'm mainly interested in the GPS working for now, since I'm not a huge fan of the Head Unit completely.

If you have any information about that -OR The big one: How much "Per month" is it for the GPS TO be enabled?

My other question is more of a to people who know radios: What is a good Head Unit to replace it with later? Will it bother my warranty?

I'm looking for GPS, Pandora enabled, and texts would be cool, but first 2 are main ones.

Thanks!

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 09-15-2020 at 03:41 PM.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Llewylen
Hey guys, I could not figure out where to post this. I bought a Scion xD last night relatively standard - It's for work.

I know the "upgraded Audio System" includes GPS. BeSpoke Audio Premium or whatever, but I'm trying to see if anyone knows more info before I go into the dealership tomorrow to ask them.

What is it you need to do to get the "Map" button to work? He mentioned something about a monthly fee, and I've seen videos about how to DIY but why is it like that?

Also, it has no sort of Pandora integration I've noticed?

I'm mainly interested in the GPS working for now, since I'm not a huge fan of the headunit completely.

If you have any information about that -OR The big one: How much "Per month" is it for the GPS TO be enabled?

My other question is more of a to people who know radios: What is a good headunit to replace it with later? Will it bother my warranty?

I'm looking for GPS, Pandora enabled, and texts would be cool, but first 2 are main ones.

Thanks!
The dealer quoted us $1,200 to enable the GPS function in the head unit. We bought a Garmin GPS for $65 instead.