Notices
Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Scion Limited Edition xD RS 1.0 With DAMD Bodykit

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 06:29 PM

Default Scion Limited Edition xD RS 1.0 With DAMD Bodykit

I have a 2008 Scion Limited Edition xD RS 1.0 With DAMD Bodykit in very good condition, near excellent, with only 2 owners and 117,000 miles. KBB is valuing it at ~$3000 but that doesn't include the kit and etc.

If I want a new car, is it better as a private sale or via the Toyota dealership?

This is my first forum post so I'm hoping not to be breaking any rules. I did search for my question with no results returned.
Old 11-23-2020, 03:39 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Originally Posted by spy_23
I have a 2008 Scion Limited Edition xD RS 1.0 With DAMD Bodykit in very good condition, near excellent, with only 2 owners and 117,000 miles. KBB is valuing it at ~$3000 but that doesn't include the kit and etc.
If I want a new car, is it better as a Private Sale or via the Toyota dealership? This is my first forum post so I'm hoping not to be breaking any rules. I did search for my question with no results returned.
KBB may have it fairly valued but, will not include any kits, add-ons, or Mods. Avoid the Dealer whenever possible. The will always quote you Low Blue Book and will Not Credit you for and Kits, or Mods you put on.

Your Best Bet would normally be a Private Sale. However, you have to find the Right Buyer or Enthusiast who recognizes, appreciates, and is willing to pay you for your Upgrades / Mods.

I have own dozens of cars in my lifetime. I am also a Landlord and Properties Owner. What you Value, may not be in Another's eyes. Even in Private Sales, some people want to Offer you Less.

MR_LUV

Last edited by MR_LUV; 11-24-2020 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by MR_LUV
KBB may have it fairly valued but, will not include any kits, add-ons, or Mods. Avoid the Dealer whenever possible. The will always quote you Low Blue Book and will Not Credit you for and Kits, or Mods you put on.

Your Best Bet would normally be a Private Sale. However, you have to find the Right Buyer or Enthusiast who recognizes, appreciates, and is willing to pay you for your Upgrades / Mods.

I have own dozens of cars in my lifetime. I am also a Landlord and Properties Owner. What you Value, may not be in Another's eyes. Even in Private Sales, some people want to Offer you less.

MR_LUV

Old 11-23-2020, 07:59 PM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Originally Posted by spy_23
Thanks MR_LUV! Yes, I was worried the dealer wouldn't understand the value it has. Thanks for confirming that. I'm not even sure where to go to find an enthusiast who would treat her well.
I can Suggest you try eBay Motors: How to Sell your Vehicle

eBay Collectors Auctions: Toyota > Other Models > Scion ----- Toyota Cars & Trucks: Other

You know the Basic Value of your car, just Add What You Want for the Extras, Mods, Kits. Of Course, their is No Guarantee you will get your Price or any Offers.

You can always Adjust your Price. Just Keep it Above What you think is the Lowest Price you would Accept.

It's worth a Look and a Try.

Good Luck!!

MR_LUV

Last edited by MR_LUV; 11-24-2020 at 10:44 AM.