Notices
Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Proper cleaning tips help

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 09:01 PM

Default Proper cleaning tips help

Hey guys another question. Again I just got my 2013 xD 2 weeks ago. I haven't washed it yet but it has collected some dust. I am also sad to report I scratched the top of the spoiler by wiping dry bird poop off with just a rag. I caused 2 distinct lines on my new car. However that's another topic which I will post pictures of hopefully someone can point me out to something to fix those scratches. Back to the topic on hand, can I get some tips on how to properly maintain and clean the outside of the car. It's my very first car so I'd like to take great care of it like you guys.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Turtle wax make a great wash, mix it with water in a bucket. I use a sponge for most of the car, and I'll grab a hand rag to get the stuff that is on there pretty well. Wet the car down, do a section, like the back passenger side with half the hatch, rinse, the other back half, rinse, front half driver side, rinse, then the last section, and again rinse. Dry it all off, sham works best, but towels will get the job done. This will help from water spots showing up on the car. For wax, you can go with the turtle wax that uses a rag, but the pro's who go to shows will use the Mother's Bar, you can pick one up at O'reily or auto zone. Interior, vacuum well, and for dash, the armorall spay used with a rag works well. and if you really want the full thing, interior window wipes (windex will be fine, just spray on a rag), and tire polish. entire process if done with careful attention to detail will take anywhere between 1-3 hours
Old 07-27-2013, 07:24 AM

Ok gonna buy supplies at autozone on Sunday can I get a list of the products you guys use or recommend I buy?