Notices
Scion xD Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Alignment and camber kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 11:56 AM

Default Alignment and camber kit

I have an issue with alignment. This is my second set of tires that are only wearing out on front left inside. I bought an Eibach front camber kit, but was wondering if there was any install guide. I've done this on a civic years ago. Any help???
Old 03-31-2013, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First off, why wouldn't you just call Eibach.

Second, take your tires off and it will be self explanatory on what you need to do.

Third, the only part in your whole post that we can help you on that matters is "front left side". This is a terrible way to explain what is going on. How can we help you if this is how you explain tire wear. You probably don't need camber bolts, you need a real alignment. When you get it done, they explain where your camber and toe is at and what they needed to do, or what they cannot do, then you'll know if you have a problem or not.

Help us help you, come on man.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:06 PM

Ok, we'll the front driver side tire have wear on the inside tread. I had the car align every 3 months. I was told by the shop that the camber was out. I do not remember how many degrees and if it was negative or positive. They told me that it was non adjustable and at the time there were no applications, kits, that they can order and install. I drove like this for about a year now and my tire is almost completely gone, the rear driver side is a little worn; the tires have been rotated. The passenger side look damn near new though. I have been told to purchase the adjustable bolts now that they are manufactured. I was just hoping since so many people here lower their cars that one might have done this already and either give quick tips on what avoid or even a diy guide. I've searched through many scion forums and on google, but only find tCs and xBs. If not its fine ill try any ways. It beats putting another set on for just $20. Thanks
Old 03-31-2013, 05:08 PM

Oh and I did call eibach. The issue is not so much just how to install. Sometimes someone's attempts something and realizes an easier way of doing it. That's what I was generally looking for!