Notices
Scion xD Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Check out my xD with 17's and DF 210's

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 06:33 AM

Default Check out my xD with 17's and DF 210's

Sorry for the dark pictures, I got home late but still wanted to show the drop after I got my DF 210's on. Hope you can see the effect. I'll try and get better pictures in the daytime with some reference so you can see how low the drop is.

As expected, the ride is a bit hard on you over bumps, but I love the cornering.

Got my rear sway bar put on a couple weeks ago (what a huge difference).

Just waiting now for my tower strut bar from Tanabe. (backordered)

Old 06-25-2008, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Re: Check out my xD with 17's and DF 210's

Looks sharp!

Forget the front bar - it's useless weight. If you examine where it is mounted, you will se that the area between the two shock towers is already a tightly boxed structure. You are just adding weight. There is no flex in this area - the bar simply isn't necessary in this design.

Originally Posted by drew
Sorry for the dark pictures, I got home late but still wanted to show the drop after I got my DF 210's on. Hope you can see the effect. I'll try and get better pictures in the daytime with some reference so you can see how low the drop is.

As expected, the ride is a bit hard on you over bumps, but I love the cornering.

Got my rear sway bar put on a couple weeks ago (what a huge difference).

Just waiting now for my tower strut bar from Tanabe. (backordered)

Old 06-25-2008, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, sorry to say but the front strut bar won't do much for the xD since the engine compartment is already pretty tight.

You live super close to me! Well, that dealer does anyways How long have you had the xD for? What wheels are those? They look nice.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:07 AM

Thanks for the feedback on the strut bar.

The whole car started out as a gas saver commuter car, but now its turned into a little toy.

The wheels are by MB Wheels 17X7 "Drifter" model. This is basically a in-house line carried by the America's Tires chain. The tires are Kumho Ecsta AST
225/45R-17XL 94H BSW. I was going for a pretty simple look that was low cost too. It seemed to fit the bill. I like how they turned out.

I've had the xD for about 3 weeks now.

I'm thinking about maybe putting the TRD sport exhaust on or aftermarket exhaust.

Another thing I was thinking about was doing one of the cold air intake mods...

oh the possibilities....

My only wish would be for some boost.

Overall, I'm really happy. It's definitely a fun little car.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Cool.

I too started off looking for a gas-sipping commuter car. Tried to find a loaded Yaris hatch in manual - tried for months without luck locally (Northern VA / D.C. area). Started looking at the Honda Fit but wasn't really inspired. A Toyota salesman suggested I look at the xD and I realized that it had never appeared on my radar - knew nothing about it. Started do numbers comparisons and was hooked.

To make it mine, I added the 17" scion alloys (non-TRD) and the rear TRD bar. I also added the TRD exhaust.

My take on the exhaust - it is a DAMN easy install - you do'nt even need to jack the car (unless already lowered). The sound isn't the loud boy-racer tone - it's a nice aggressive tone, but they kept the dBs lower than some folks will care for. I am a family guy and am too old to have the boy-racer sound. This is more like BMW aggressive - when you open the throttle up you get a nice growl, but it definitely won't be heard by the neighbors when you come home. Certainly a HUGE improvement over stock.

I've had the car for about two weeks now - NF210s arriving early next week will probably be my last modification until a TRD supercharger hopefully appears...

Originally Posted by drew
Thanks for the feedback on the strut bar.

The whole car started out as a gas saver commuter car, but now its turned into a little toy.

The wheels are by MB Wheels 17X7 "Drifter" model. This is basically a in-house line carried by the America's Tires chain. The tires are Kumho Ecsta AST
225/45R-17XL 94H BSW. I was going for a pretty simple look that was low cost too. It seemed to fit the bill. I like how they turned out.

I've had the xD for about 3 weeks now.

I'm thinking about maybe putting the TRD sport exhaust on or aftermarket exhaust.

Another thing I was thinking about was doing one of the cold air intake mods...

oh the possibilities....

My only wish would be for some boost.

Overall, I'm really happy. It's definitely a fun little car.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey man your car looks pretty good man. how do the springs ride after they have settled??