Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xD Suspension & Handling (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xd-suspension-handling-1801/)
-   -   Megan Racing (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xd-suspension-handling-1801/megan-racing-155191/)

DeathMachine 01-27-2009 06:08 PM

Megan Racing

Alright guys, since I don't really have the time or a quality kit I'm not going to be able to do bags, but I'm considering another option. I REALLY want to pu the Megan coilovers for the Yaris on the xD, along with the 3 piece tie bar kit they offer.

My question is, will ALL of the Yaris chassis/suspension parts cross with the xD? If they do, I'm going for it...

TRDxD 01-27-2009 09:18 PM

it should be fine. i've heard from alot of people that all Yaris suspension pieces are a direct fit for the xD (someone on here has yaris coils form TEIN i think) and the tie may fit...all depends on whether or not we have the same mounting points

TRDxD 01-27-2009 09:24 PM

btw, I can get discount on Megan products so shoot me a PM if you're interested

SidelineMedia 01-28-2009 03:06 AM

this is good news :love:

I was looking at megans for the yaris and liked how low they could go for the price, but I hated the fact that tein basics are like, $1200, and can only go like 2 or 2.5 inches lower.

ROCKLANDTOYOTA 01-28-2009 04:42 PM

THE

ROCKLANDTOYOTA 01-28-2009 04:43 PM

THE megan bars will work as ZEFOXE has my old ones on his car now. the GT SPEC yaris bars will also work for you.....

CASTREX 01-29-2009 09:02 PM

Other than Megan you can look into KSport and BC. All 3 brands are made on the same factory by the same company in Taiwan. Each kit has it's differences but overall quality is pretty much the same.

So if you can find a good deal for any of these go for it.

I have The Tein Basics in my car and I love them. I believe these are the perfect street set up for the kind of person that will set the height once and leave it there.
The Teins are smooth while the Megan / K Sports / BC are much stiffer.

If you look around you can find the Teins for around $1K while the Megans/BC/KS you can find them from $800 - $950

TRDxD 01-30-2009 02:32 AM

sounds good to me. there's always going ot be the more expensive alternative, like tein, but it's definitely worth it. you get what you pay for. and im willing to trust castrex's opinion on it

DeathMachine 01-30-2009 12:03 PM

I donno though guys, I've never really been a Tein fan. Now Tanabe, to me they've always made great stuff! But Tein seems more about having their name still out there versus actually making a good quality product.

TRDxD 01-30-2009 11:43 PM

I'm not going to argue against anybody's support for Tein, because everyone feel's differently about what they like. But personally, I agree, there are better options out there other than Tein. unfortunately, not too many for cars like ours. We win some and lose some...so it's okay.

CASTREX 01-31-2009 04:21 AM

There are more options...

If you want TOP NOTCH stuff, SilkRoad has a Fully adjustable coil over kit. For around $1600 tough.

Tein is good, and they have great support in the US.

Second in my list is BC. You can get custom rate springs for a little extra $$ plus in case you blow a shock, you don't need to send the hole assembly to them for service. For like $80 they'll send you a new shock which can be easily replaced.

TRDxD 01-31-2009 10:20 AM

didnt know silkroad made anything for yaris platform....pretty cool.

DeathMachine 01-31-2009 11:32 AM

I've never heard of SilkRoad...

TRDxD 01-31-2009 09:09 PM

Take some time to look em up, they've been around for a while and have a MASS of different parts for all kinds of cars. great quality products.

Subcompact Culture 02-06-2009 03:32 AM

FYI, I have the Megans on my Yaris and I like them a lot. However, if you're looking for a smooth ride, go with the Teins--the Megans (even on full soft) are still pretty stiff.

katchkillah 02-06-2009 07:19 AM

for teins i'm happy with um. kinda hard to compare on how soft or hard it is from stock due to me swapping out everything when the car was brand new. lol also due to my set up no matter how soft i want it it will never be. overall it's stiff for compared to the basic's i got on the xb it's really smooth, but then i get smaller rims too. =(