Notices
Scion xD Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Smooth Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Smooth Springs?

im riding on 18" enkei LF-10 w/ Sumitomo HTR ZIII
&
im looking for some springs that will give me a smooth ride that will eliminate the fender gap so the body sits right over the tire. i can take pics and show you how much gap there is and whether 1.5 or 2in drop would be best? also do i need a sway bar for everyday driving?
Old 04-13-2010, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pics would help some, chances are trd/nf210 springs will bring you down and give you a decent ride, but wont completely eliminate your gaps... They are conservative as far as a drop, but will look good, and feel decent (trds are a little stiff)

Df210s and the tien s-tech springs will bring you down a good bit more, and both are sposed to be pretty soft, so they will ride fairly well on decent roads, but you will have less shock travel. (and will likely tuck your tires in the rear slightly)

A general rule of thumb is the further you drop, the less spring and shock travel you will have, and the less spring and shock travel you have the rougher your ride will be.

but its something you get used to unless you have a bad back or it really just messes with you. Ive been running on coilovers slammed to the dirt for a couple months now and you get used to the ride being not so awesome.

I actually like it.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

on the swaybar, most people swear up and down by it, and i would agree on that if i was still running springs since i remember the turning having a good bit of roll. With coilovers at the stiffness and ride height i run at, i hardly feel any rolling, and am curious myself how much improvement the swaybar might add to my own setup.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

I have ridden on the TRD's and am now currently on the Tanabe DF210's...The Tanabe's ride great and give you a nice 2" drop where as the TRD's only give you a 1.5 inch drop...Remember sidewall size makes a difference as well...I'm riding on 225/40/18 rubber...