Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xD Suspension & Handling (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xd-suspension-handling-1801/)
-   -   TRD sway bar ? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xd-suspension-handling-1801/trd-sway-bar-191849/)

two.0XD 08-18-2010 07:54 PM

TRD sway bar ?

I bought a TRD sway bar and was wondering if there's anything I need to know before i get under the car to attempt to install it...or should i be doing this on my own in the 1st place? i read the direction and according to what i read I must remove on the bolts that holds on the shocks...now I heard a while back that when your messing around with shocks it can be tricky...any input will help. Thanks guys.

Murphys_Law 08-18-2010 08:53 PM

is it front or rear sway bar?

frankiietc 08-18-2010 08:56 PM

^^TRD makes a front sway bar?

Murphys_Law 08-18-2010 09:21 PM

oh i thought he said hotchkins

frankiietc 08-18-2010 09:33 PM

either than that, it shouldnt be hard if you have the right tools..piece of cake..its like 6 bolts you have to remove..make sure they are snug tight when rebolting them

mixD 08-18-2010 10:31 PM

its not that bad the plastic sheild under the windshield wipers may get in your way a little but all u have to do is remove those bolts and make sure you tighten them back down tight enough i believe there is a page on this somewhere that describes it all a little better...

Murphys_Law 08-18-2010 10:52 PM

^sway bar no strut bar

mixD 08-18-2010 11:29 PM

oops my bad same difference its not that bad u can take the rear wheels off if you want to drop some weight before u unbolt it but realy just make sure you do the same thing remove and replace all the bolts exactly the same and it should be fine.

Murphys_Law 08-19-2010 01:21 AM

please use jackstands when you do it , and use your jack to support the suspension while you align and bolt everything up

two.0XD 08-25-2010 06:29 PM

SO I should have like 2 jacks then? one to lift the car and place two stands to support it then one to lift the wheel ...hmmm thanks for all the feed back fellas

jacksoma555 09-01-2010 07:06 AM

I just put the rear sawybar on about two months ago and used two jack stands to hold the car up and 1 jack to lift up and down the suspension on the wheel you are working on so you can line up holes on the strut and the suspention. Only four bolts.

Look at the instructions as 1 bolt goes in and 1 out on each side so you possibly don't get a bolt being hit when you have extreme suspension deflection. Also a warning about turning the bolt and not the nut.

Ambers Baby D 09-09-2010 05:22 PM

i did the same.
i got 2 jacks and lifted her fat ___ in the air. i put them under the chassis so i knew it would be a legit grip. my husband and son took off the wheels and bolted it in. (at the same time my other kid was mounting the Mag so it was all really smooth after that)

i wish they had a TRD Strut Bar. that would have been cool all the way around.