Notices

2008 Blue xD ready for new shoes

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 05:19 PM

Default 2008 Blue xD ready for new shoes

Hey guys,
I'm pretty new here at least in terms of posting but have been browsing for quite some time. I'm done with my stock tires and wheels on my xD and need to get new (got 45k mi. out of them).

I want to put on 18's and I'm thinking of putting on the TRD lowering springs. I often have 4 people in the car. So this leads me to my question: If I do the springs and the 18's, let's say 215/40/18, can I expect rubbing?

Thanks in advance to all you experts out there, givin ur all!!

Bossman
Old 06-09-2010, 07:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well yes.
i often rub, but i have 18x8+35 in the rear sits pretty flush

also selling me wheels if interested :D
Old 06-09-2010, 08:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what's the offset and width? i've got 9's in the back and over a 2" drop but i've got no rubbing issues at all even with 3 people and loaded to the roof with stuff.

Name:  isthotwheel.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  28.3 KB
Old 06-09-2010, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by mr_slim
well yes.
i often rub, but i have 18x8+35 in the rear sits pretty flush

also selling me wheels if interested :D
Originally Posted by katchkillah
what's the offset and width? i've got 9's in the back and over a 2" drop but i've got no rubbing issues at all even with 3 people and loaded to the roof with stuff.

So Slim's rubs but katch's dusn't.... hmmm

Katch... in answer to your question of offset and width, I don't have a specific offset and width; i don't even have a specific wheel selected yet. My goal is to bring the wheel out so it looks pretty flush but with 0-very little possibility to rub.

So, Katch, how do you have 9's and no rubbing? is that picture how you're currently setup? Me LIKES Is yours flush or close to flush? what are your offsets?
Old 06-10-2010, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you should be fine with TRD springs and 18's with the most common offsets (+45 to +35).
mr. slim prolly has rubbing because he's on Tein S-tech springs, they are the most severe spring drop available to us at 2.2" all around.
I'm on df210's which also have a 2.2" drop in the rear and 18x8 +45 offset with 225/40 tires. I have no rubbing issues but with audio in the back and rear passengers, I could have rubbing issues against the fender lining.
If you do carry 4 passengers often, then stick with the TRD springs and you should be fine with most 18's.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

from what i learned it comes down to the tire set up you run, for the 9's i've got it on 205/40's. i may look into running 9-1/2"'s as 9" sits just a tad in due to the slight camber i have. if the car didn't camber it would have sat flusher to the fender. or i could do the easy way and grab some spacers. i wish i measured before and after for the actual height drop, but i'm on tein coilovers and the rear is all the way down (perch still in) and the front can still go down a few more cranks.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

I have done alot of homework with offsets and have ran (2) different springs...Since you said you plan to run the TRD's which is a very minimal drop, you will be fine going with an offset of around 40ish and I would suggest a 225/40/18...
Old 06-12-2010, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by YELOSUB
I have done alot of homework with offsets and have ran (2) different springs...Since you said you plan to run the TRD's which is a very minimal drop, you will be fine going with an offset of around 40ish and I would suggest a 225/40/18...
Yeah... about the trd's... I think I'll end up with the tenabe's ... But the NF's not the DF's. From what I read they still give 1-1 1/2 inches but with better ride.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by katchkillah
from what i learned it comes down to the tire set up you run, for the 9's i've got it on 205/40's. i may look into running 9-1/2"'s as 9" sits just a tad in due to the slight camber i have. if the car didn't camber it would have sat flusher to the fender. or i could do the easy way and grab some spacers. i wish i measured before and after for the actual height drop, but i'm on tein coilovers and the rear is all the way down (perch still in) and the front can still go down a few more cranks.
Did you have to do any fender rolling or trimming?
Old 06-14-2010, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no rolling, cutting, trimming or modifications to put these on.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm running TRD springs with 18" x 7.5" +38 wheels with 225/40/18 tires, no rubbing, ever. No modifications to get the wheels to fit. I couldn't be happier. The ride is great (stock Dampers still) and I've got almost 75000 miles on the car.

Oh, and it looks great too!

Name:  XDFront_01.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  68.5 KB
Old 06-15-2010, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Originally Posted by davelaboss
Yeah... about the trd's... I think I'll end up with the tenabe's ... But the NF's not the DF's. From what I read they still give 1-1 1/2 inches but with better ride.
The Tanabe's are a great choice...
Old 06-15-2010, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by A1binoA11igat0r
I'm running TRD springs with 18" x 7.5" +38 wheels with 225/40/18 tires, no rubbing, ever. No modifications to get the wheels to fit. I couldn't be happier. The ride is great (stock Dampers still) and I've got almost 75000 miles on the car.

Oh, and it looks great too!

Do you have a pic that shows how flush your wheels are? I like your setup as well but this pic doesn't show the flush-ness.

Thanks,
DL
Old 06-15-2010, 04:29 PM

Okay, so, I'm pretty much ready with my specs, I just need to know where to buy. You guys have any suggestions on where to buy the springs, wheels, & tires?
Old 06-15-2010, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Katch is running with no rub because of his tire set up for sure, hes stretched enough in the back get around the rub. Ive had no rubbing problems in the back either on K-sports with the car completely dropped in the back, perches off, and i think im down about 3.5-4" in the front,but alas im on 15x7 +40 with a 225/50/15s. getting ready to move back to 16x7 +35 with 225/50/16s. Hopefully that info gives you a little better idea of the other side of the spectrum
Old 06-15-2010, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

For springs I would order from www.microimageonline.com ...Springs for the Yaris are the same for the xD and this is the cheapest place that I could find them when I ordered mine...Customer service was great and shipping was fast...

For rims and tires it depends on what you want but there are dozens of wheel and tire sites...

You could also go to the classified section on here and see whats available and also check out the sponsored sales section of the classifieds...Have fun shopping because this is the hardest part of it all ...

Last edited by YELOSUB; 06-15-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:36 PM

For springs I would order from www.microimageonline.com ...Springs for the Yaris are the same for the xD and this is the cheapest place that I could find them when I ordered mine...Customer service was great and shipping was fast...

For rims and tires it depends on what you want but there are dozens of wheel and tire sites...

You could also go to the classified section on here and see whats available and also check out the sponsored sales section of the classifieds...Have fun shopping because this is the hardest part of it all ...
Yelo, Katch, Slim, xDtool, Albino & Rhino.... THANKS A TON for all of your advice... of course if you have any more insight, I'll take it, but in any case thanks a ton and I'll show you the results later on!!

DL
Old 06-16-2010, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xDTool
Katch is running with no rub because of his tire set up for sure, hes stretched enough in the back get around the rub. Ive had no rubbing problems in the back either on K-sports with the car completely dropped in the back, perches off, and i think im down about 3.5-4" in the front,but alas im on 15x7 +40 with a 225/50/15s. getting ready to move back to 16x7 +35 with 225/50/16s. Hopefully that info gives you a little better idea of the other side of the spectrum
yupsters. but it's just a mild stretch. not too bad. most of those flushers run smaller rubber then me.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Front
Name:  c2f6a92a.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  61.7 KB

Rear
Name:  4904a3b4.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  73.6 KB

here are some photo's to show the "flushness" of the wheels offset again they are 18"x7.5" with a +38 offset.

I got the wheels through www.discounttiredirect.com on sale. These are the 2nd set I've purchased through them and I've had good experiences both times. I got the TRD springs from www.trdsparks.com I believe they are a toyota dealership out of South Carolina good prices and good customer service.

hope this helps.

Last edited by A1binoA11igat0r; 06-16-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:36 PM

I checked at the link and they only have the DF210's, not the NF210's. Any other sources?
I found the NF's at a few local places in SoCal for $195+tax and then 1 place in El Monte quoted me $140 for install.

Do those prices seem to be 'the going rate'?

Quick Reply: 2008 Blue xD ready for new shoes