Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Car mats for 2013 xB

Old 05-18-2013, 09:23 AM
5 Year Member

Default Car mats for 2013 xB

Just bought a 2013 xB a month ago & looking for a good rubber car mat. Looking into a few WeatherTech mats, but came across both good & bad reviews involving some Scions.

Any suggestions or anyone who has a 2nd gen xB with WeatherTech mats?

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Last edited by MR_LUV; 07-23-2019 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator
Old 05-18-2013, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've got them and I love them. They definitely keep my car cleaner and resist daily driving wear and tear better than the OEM carpet floor mats.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ive been wanting to pick up some "all weather" floormats. Im tired of seeing my OE ones all filthy
Old 05-19-2013, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

REDACTED

Last edited by pyroman131; 07-21-2018 at 04:15 AM.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

you can get the OEM scion they work out great.

Name:  IMG_2177.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  61.4 KB

Name:  IMG_2175.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  58.4 KB
Old 05-19-2013, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pyroman131
The ones that I desire from Weather Tech are the digital fit floor liners. The only drawback is the exorbitant price.
Yup, exactly the reason i did not buy weather tech mats.

i am actually using a set of 7-year old rubber mats in my car that i got at walmart for literally $20. they are 4 separate mats that have more "liquid capacity" than the oem rubber mats - meaning the sides are higher so you can literally spill a can of soda and not a single drop would get into the carpet underneath.

go to walmart and check them out. i like how they look and they do the job. i'll take a picture today if i have the time and put it up.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The ones i have area very similar to these:

Front: http://www.walmart.com/ip/AW-Front-Mats-Black/23685336

Rear: http://www.walmart.com/ip/AW-Rear-Mats-Black/23685327

The fitting is very good for the price. for the front mats, I had to cut off maybe 2 or 3 inches from the tip of the mat (the side that faces the engine)
because they were too long. but the mats come with extra material that you are supposed to cut off anyway so, after the cut, the fit is perfect.

I've had them in my xB1, my Mercedes, and now in my new xB2. they work fine, easy to clean, and most importantly: cheap.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 07-23-2019 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I second the OEM Scion mats. They were actually slightly cheaper then the standard cloth mats that Scion over charges for. I got my mats for $95 (with tax) They are cheaper online(I got a couple of sets for both my brothers9they both have 2009 XB's) and they were about $60 plus shipping at scionpartspeople.com (they are based out of a dealer out of Washington state called Toyota Scion of puyallup Washington

Unlike some car models where you have to buy the front and rear sets separate, Scion sells the XB's mats together

Here are some shots of mine

Name:  scion5.jpg
Views: 1304
Size:  102.8 KB

Name:  scion7.jpg
Views: 1078
Size:  69.2 KB

Oh yea there is a sort of hard to find rear rubber mat sold by Scion

Name:  scion9.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  109.2 KB

I say rare because if you go to the dealer and ask to buy it they will tell you that it does not exist. You have to give them part number# PT218-52110

Its nice looking with the Scion name on the middle
Old 05-19-2013, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mind posting a pic of the back seat mats as well? probably going to pull the trigger on these.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:15 PM

I just got the OEM Scion rubber floor mats and love them. The only thing that I can say I didn't like is that the back seat floor mats aren't the same shape as the carpet ones and have an extra corner piece missing.
Name:  photo2.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  53.9 KB

Last edited by He_Is_Legend; 06-03-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:33 PM

I actually have my 2013 going back to dealer (Toyota of Bellevue) so they can add my hood chip guard next week and I asked the accessories service person to check if they had given me the right floor mats.

The mats have holes in the section closest to the seats and on the floor below are stubs/locks/nubs? that should tit into and rotate to lock the mats in place. The issue I asked them to look at is that the two do not fit together.

But I do see you have the same mats I have. Isn't it odd they do not fit on those floor stubs/locks/nubs?
Old 06-05-2013, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The drivers mat should say xB on the left section.

The trick with these mats is you put the mat in the mat retainers and then after that lay the mat down. Instead of laying the mat down first and trying to get the mat keepers in the holes

_________

Last edited by MR_LUV; 07-23-2019 at 10:27 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:38 AM

WeatherTech digitalfit mats were my first purchase when I bought my xB. My favorite piece is the cargo mat - perfect fit and excellent protection. I also like the front mats. One thing to keep in mind though is that the dead pedal on the manual transmission xB's is about an inch or so narrower than on an automatic. If you have a manual trans. there will be a gap between the mat and the dead pedal. From the look of the oem mats the same would be true unless they have different mats for auto/manual which I doubt. Since the weathertechs go up higher on the sides though, it would be more noticeable than on a flat mat. As for the rear mat I like that it is one long mat that goes all the way across so the entire floor is protected. Where I have been disappointed is that the back side of the mat is at least 3 or 4 inches high and not stiff enough to support its own weight. After a month or so the back starts to sag and almost lays flat. I contacted the company to tell them they need a redesign. Of course they insisted I must just have a defective one and sent a replacement. After a month or so, the same thing happened. One of these days I'm either going to epoxy a plastic or aluminum "L" under the mat to brace it up or stick on a few squares of velcro to grab the carpeting.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just received the oem rubber mats. Love them! weathertechs are nice, but they are completely robbing their customers with their pricing.
got the scion ones for like $54 on scionpartspeople
Old 06-06-2013, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

I need to pick up a new set of OEMs and the WeatherTechs. WeatherTechs for winter time and the new set of OEMs just in case they cease production.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Zinger
WeatherTech digitalfit mats were my first purchase when I bought my xB. My favorite piece is the cargo mat - perfect fit and excellent protection. I also like the front mats. One thing to keep in mind though is that the dead pedal on the manual transmission xB's is about an inch or so narrower than on an automatic. If you have a manual trans. there will be a gap between the mat and the dead pedal. From the look of the oem mats the same would be true unless they have different mats for auto/manual which I doubt. Since the weathertechs go up higher on the sides though, it would be more noticeable than on a flat mat. As for the rear mat I like that it is one long mat that goes all the way across so the entire floor is protected. Where I have been disappointed is that the back side of the mat is at least 3 or 4 inches high and not stiff enough to support its own weight. After a month or so the back starts to sag and almost lays flat. I contacted the company to tell them they need a redesign. Of course they insisted I must just have a defective one and sent a replacement. After a month or so, the same thing happened. One of these days I'm either going to epoxy a plastic or aluminum "L" under the mat to brace it up or stick on a few squares of velcro to grab the carpeting.

Well to answer your question about if Scion has different floor mats for the auto and manual XB's, the answer is both yes and no.

For the regular cloth mats you get when you buy the 2008-2013 XB, there is two different mats.

the mat set for the manual XB is PT206-52103-02

The mat set for the auto XB is PT206-52101-02

The difference is probably just the different length of the drivers mat.

Now on the all weather floor mats the part number is PU320-52112-00 and this part number is for both the auto and manual XB's
Old 01-28-2014, 04:03 AM

I must note that the 2013 xB no longer uses hooks for their floor mats. It uses this **** that you turn to keep it in place.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mikey_Boy
just received the oem rubber mats. Love them! weathertechs are nice, but they are completely robbing their customers with their pricing.
got the scion ones for like $54 on scionpartspeople
I agree 100% which is why even on my new XBs (back in 06 and now with my '13 xb), I didn't buy them. The fit is perfect but for the price, you can literally change your mats our 2 or 3 times for the price of those things.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:35 PM

Are there all weather floor mats for 2013 xB? I don't see that as an option on their website.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes but it's something they apparently dont advertise.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...73&postcount=8 (or look up)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car mats for 2013 xB