Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

DC Sports CS-1 Steel Series Strut Bar

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 05:02 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Default DC Sports CS-1 Steel Series Strut Bar

I've been helping DC Sports out recently with some of their product development and here is just the first of a few things we have to show for it for our tC2's

introducing the DC Sports CS-1 Steel Series Front Strut Bar.

It's definitely SUPER thick

It does rub on the plastic top cowl, but they don't see it causing any issues. (And upon driving with it I haven't yet either)

The bar is currently in producation and will be available for sale to the public in about a month/month and a half. Stay tuned for reviews and updates.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so... it's been over 2 months now
Old 08-07-2014, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any updates on when this might come on the market Kid? Looks great, and is not overdone like they were for the tC1.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks like the TRD bar... unless it's significantly cheaper than the TRD, I'd go with the TRD.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-21-2018 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I saw it on ebay now...might get it.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So how come the one pictured doesn't have the spacers under the strut bar but now the production one does ?
Old 05-20-2015, 07:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If I'm not mistaking, doesn't the OEM "spacers" as mentioned, connect to the firewall? If so, removing those would actually negate some of the factory bracing. And it'd be awesome IF a company would make the strut bar with a replacement ring built into the bar. (essentially combing the OEM brace with the strut bar to make one)
Old 06-21-2018, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by stenger
If I'm not mistaking, doesn't the OEM "spacers" as mentioned, connect to the firewall? If so, removing those would actually negate some of the factory bracing. And it'd be awesome IF a company would make the strut bar with a replacement ring built into the bar. (essentially combing the OEM brace with the strut bar to make one)
Thread resurrection.. but just wanted to chime in and say no, those little black rings don't connect to the firewall at all. The only thing those little metal rings do is give a little extra support for the cowling, which doesn't really need it coz it's bolted in 7 other places and is made out of a single piece of stamped metal underneath the plastic. If you require that type of extra cowl support (I don't know why you would) then the Cusco 3-pc bar has those supports built into the mounting rings. However, that bar is 2x the cost, and being that it's 3 pieces, wouldn't be as stiff as this single piece bar (or the TRD bar) can be. But that's a different argument entirely.

There's also no removable factory bracing. There is some factory ~1.5-2" box tubing welded from the firewall to the strut towers that is painted and hidden under the cowling, but there's nothing else connecting them together. A solid bar like this is a good way to add some rigidity to the front structure. Toyota has the TRD bar available because they know there is a bit of performance to be gained from connecting those 2 points as there's nothing else there from the factory, but for the price. DC gets my vote as well.

Last edited by drizzoh; 07-12-2018 at 07:30 PM.