Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Canadian xB Gen2 Hood deflector

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Canadian xB Gen2 Hood deflector

I've emailed 4 or 5 Canadian dealerships looking for a hood deflector for my 2013 xB (listed here Accessories | xB | Scion Canada).
I've included the P/N PU500-52011 in my correspondence. So far, I've had no responses.

Does anyone know of a resource that is currently relevant where I can purchase one of these?

_______

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-15-2019 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 06-26-2015, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member

Actually I might have a contact that could get you one. I was looking into one when I first got my xB back in February and got all the way up to getting the shipping quote but never went through with it because I ended up buying the one from Australia for the Rukus.

I contacted a Scion dealership down here in Cali and they sent me an invoice for one that someone purchased. It has all the info you need. Do note, that the invoice is dated for 10/23/13.

If I remember correctly shipping alone was $200+ (JUST SHIPPING) At least for my location (Los Angeles). It could be different for you. Also note, these were in Canadian dollars. Rough estimate...

Good luck man!
Attached Thumbnails Canadian xB Gen2 Hood deflector-invoice-120881-scion-xb-hood-deflector-canada-page-001.jpg  
Old 06-26-2015, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im getting one made from auto parts warehouse for 75$ shipped, although it's made to order tho, so it takes 2-3 weeks to ship after order
Old 06-26-2015, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com//Deflectors/EGR-Superguard-Bug-Shield?utm_source=order-receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=order-confirmation&set-vehicle=1

Here's the linky
Old 06-26-2015, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Biggregg24
http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com//Deflectors/EGR-Superguard-Bug-Shield?utm_source=order-receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=order-confirmation&set-vehicle=1

Here's the linky
Link didn't work. How do you request a custom made one? Do you have a pic?
Old 06-26-2015, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Google search it, it comes up fairly easy, and they look just like one from the dealership
Old 06-26-2015, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Biggregg24
Google search it, it comes up fairly easy, and they look just like one from the dealership
That's the one that only goes between the headlights, right? I was under the impression that the only one that goes on to the portion of the hood over the headlights is the Canadian one.
Old 06-27-2015, 02:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Idk, I thought it went up over the headlights, we'll see, that's what the pic shows on the Ford
Old 06-27-2015, 04:58 AM
5 Year Member

Here's a picture of my xB with the EGR rock deflector. I had to order mine from Australia but I wish I looked around for it cause you guys are finding it here in the states.

Oh well, mine came out to $98 shipped. The directions that came with it sucked HORRIBLY. It's all pictures and badly drawn ones at that. I could do a how to picture guide if you guys want cause I accidentally chipped the inside of the hood putting it on. Thank god it was on the inside and not the outside.

I put TRD over the EGR logo. I like the TRD look. You guys will love the EGR rock deflector if you get it!
Attached Thumbnails Canadian xB Gen2 Hood deflector-xb2.jpg  
Old 06-27-2015, 09:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats kinda crappy they put a logo on it, and I'm also bummed it doesn't wrap over the headlights, I guess that's why it's so much cheaper, kinda sucks it's misrepresented in the sale add
Old 06-27-2015, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member

Trust me, I wanted that Canadian one so bad but it was actually the part that wraps over the headlights that got me to change my mind. I like the EGR one more because it's just sleek. Molds nicely to the car. Also, the logo they put on it was pretty small. The picture I attached, look at the top of the "D" in TRD and to give you an idea of how big it is, the top part of the "D" covered it completely. Also, the color is a glossy black and the logo is a glossy charcoal color. Very hard to see but upclose you can see it.

Whatever you choose though, pick it because you want it. I'm just trying to clarify how it looks. Regardless of what you pick, I'm sure it will come out looking awesome!
Old 06-27-2015, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for your input and pic on what it looks like, it does look good for sure! Hopefully mine ships soon, I ordered on the 12th
Old 07-09-2015, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by prefect
I've emailed 4 or 5 Canadian dealerships looking for a hood deflector for my 2013 xb (listed here Accessories | xB | Scion Canada). I've included the P/N PU500-52011 in my correspondence. So far, I've had no responses. Does anyone know of a resource that is currently relevant where I can purchase one of these?
I am in Canada and may help you purchase it.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:45 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by driftcars
I am in Canada and may help you purchase it.
I would be interested in one. Have not had any luck getting a response from any dealers in Canada. Greatly appreciated if you could! I have a '15 xB so as long as it fits I'd want it.
Old 07-25-2016, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

This might be of some help -

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sci...3/#post4160599
Old 07-27-2016, 05:40 AM
5 Year Member

I have a Canadian one stateside for sale. Send me a PM. Conducting a full part out. I am located in Southern California
Old 10-29-2016, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GoodVibes
Here's a picture of my xB with the EGR rock deflector. I had to order mine from Australia but I wish I looked around for it cause you guys are finding it here in the states.

Oh well, mine came out to $98 shipped. The directions that came with it sucked HORRIBLY. It's all pictures and badly drawn ones at that. I could do a how to picture guide if you guys want cause I accidentally chipped the inside of the hood putting it on. Thank god it was on the inside and not the outside.

I put TRD over the EGR logo. I like the TRD look. You guys will love the EGR rock deflector if you get it!

I like the way yours look. sleek and doesn't look funky. do you mind sharing to me the info on where and how did you get it? i want to get one. my front hood have a bunch of rock chips on it. thank in advance.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:36 PM
SL Member

Hi. New here.
So does the EGR 308991 fit a 2013? It says 08-12 but I've seen some posts that it's the same hood.
I really like the look and for the price you can't beat it. It'll make my Super White look sleeker.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:49 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Vegasbaby
Hi. New here.
So does the EGR 308991 fit a 2013? It says 08-12 but I've seen some posts that it's the same hood.
I really like the look and for the price you can't beat it. It'll make my Super White look sleeker.
did you find out?

im also looking for the same defector...

/
Old 11-05-2018, 01:18 PM
SL Member

Yep
Bought it and fit perfectly. Still on and never have removed it.

Quick Reply: Canadian xB Gen2 Hood deflector