Notices
Scion xD Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Fog/Driving lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 01:16 AM

Default Fog/Driving lights

After I saw this bull bar on ebay I decided to give it a try. Being only 24" long it seemed to be a good fit for my little xD. I think it would look funny on a full size truck. I also liked the fact that it used the license plate holes for mounting. I figured if they weren't enough to support it there were other holes in the back plate to use. The aluminum unit is very light in weight. The pair of Pilot Navigator lights are also very light since the housing is plastic. I used screws the same diameter as the license screws but 3 times longer. I wanted to drive around with them mounted to see if it holds up before continuing with the wiring.

Name:  100_1114_zpsm5cf6xnb.jpg
Views: 1720
Size:  68.9 KB
Old 04-22-2017, 11:13 PM
Banned
SL Member

The true test will bee if they 'wobble' or not, requiring a secondary attachment on top, mounting to somewhere on the front apron. BTW, I see that your passenger side lens is skewed...

Could you post a URL for the bar? I'm looking for something similar, although I'll be looking to mount a lower-profile HID light set.
Old 04-23-2017, 02:20 PM

I took the car for a ride through our local city yesterday. The streets are loaded with pot holes and rough pavement. When I returned home I checked the bar and it was still firmly attached. I see what you mean about the left light in the pic. When I took the picture the bar was tightly mounted but the lights still had to be tightned. Here's a link to the bull bar.

[URL="http://www.ebay.com/itm/23-Bull-Bar-Front-Bumper-License-Plate-Mount-Bracket-Holder-LED-Light-Off-Road-/262933350702?hash=item3d380c892e:g:WywAAOSwFV9Xx-Np&vxp=mtr"[/URL]