Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Scion xA idling weird

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 06:16 PM

Default Scion xA idling weird

I have a 2006 Scion xA and when I started it up and it idled weird for a minute than calmed down and ran fine after that. Only way I can describe it is a sputter.
If anyone else have this issue and know what it is please let me know so I can fix it.

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-16-2018 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator
Old 08-16-2018, 07:13 AM

Default Idling weird

Try adding a good STP fuel treatment in a tank of fuel. This cleans out the fuel injection and the throttle plate. You might need to do this twice. I’ve had great success with STP products.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
SuperMod

Originally Posted by CadetKitty
I have a 2006 Scion xA and when I started it up and it idled weird for a minute than calmed down and ran fine after that. Only way I can describe it is a sputter.
If anyone else have this issue and know what it is please let me know so I can fix it.
Mine has done it once or twice over the years and I don't think it's anything to be fixed...I just attributed it to ECM 'cerebral skid' and went on my merry way. That being said, throwing in a fuel injector cleaner (although I would use BG44 over STP every time but it is more expensive but can be found on Amazon) and changing plugs are both easy fixes.
Originally Posted by Battleax
Try adding a good STP fuel treatment in a tank of fuel. This cleans out the fuel injection and the throttle plate. You might need to do this twice. I’ve had great success with STP products.
Nothing you put in the fuel is going to do anything for cleaning the throttle plate as fuel is injected far downstream of the throttle plate...to clean that you'd need to use a carb/TB cleaner in a spray can.