Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Door guards

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 05:25 AM

Default Door guards

Hello everyone. First time poster here. Well i am hunting for my first XB and ran across this one in NC while hunting. Drove well and is on my maybe list. But I have to ask did Scion offer door guards on some 1st gen XB's? I am curious because if i buy this 9 out of 10 i am taking them off.
Attached Thumbnails Door guards-0730aaa9-9659-4f83-a307-fcfee8ab5580_1.jpg   Door guards-0730aaa9-9659-4f83-a307-fcfee8ab5580_3.jpg  
Old 07-17-2017, 06:26 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Hello thegoon! Welcome to SL!

As an Original New Owner of a xB in 2006,
No, Door Guards were never offer as a Factory Option.

Unless a Dealer put them on, they were probably put on by
the previous owner as an aftermarket mod.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:00 PM

Ahhh Okay. Thank you. I have a old 1972 Buick Skylark I am working on and i know the factory put metal connection pins on the side doors of my Buick for the bumper guards and was wondering if scion did something similar. Well i am guessing what is on that car is adhesive attached door guards. Hoping i can get it off without messing up the paint
Old 07-19-2017, 03:02 PM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

They look like the adhesive type someone put on. Personally, I would leave them on. I had 1 tiny paint mark on the side of my door from someone opening against it and wished I had something like that on for protection.

If you had to take them off I would Recommend the way I De-Badged my Scion Badges: Use a little Goo-Gone and drip it on top and let it set in. Use a heat gun or hair blower to loosen it up. I used fishing line between
2 small pieces of sticks for handles and slowly work it back and forth to cut the adhesive. Work slowly and hit it again with the heat gun. Use Goo-Gone to get rid of the final adhesive afterwards.

I heard some even used dental floss. Done right there is no damage to the paint.