Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Wet carpet & removing seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 04:15 AM

Default Wet carpet & removing seats

I have read numerous threads. My wifes car is wet, molded at numerous locations. drivers side,passenger front and back, very wet all locations. I know drivers side is missing floor grommet, from feeling below. I'm guessing, ac drain is clogged, on passenger side, and have read how to de-clog drain. I think it's so wet/damaged, I need to pull carpet throughout.
I am looking for advice first on pulling all carpet to really dry. Once that's out, I plan to evaluate the problems.
So, I'm looking for advice on pulling up carpet, and what I'm up against with the water issues.
Best, Mike
Old 08-20-2017, 12:59 AM

I removed seats, carpet. I was missing a driver side floorboard grommet. AC evaporator tube was clogged. Passenger front and back was extremely wet, even beginnings of mold. Hope that the tube clog was only issue. Making me own grommet for drivers side from silastic sealant. I plan to clean carpet at car wash, then thoroughly dry. Hoping that works, thoughts on carpet issue and whether clogged ac tube would be enough to drench passenger side all the way to back are welcome.