Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Worst tC exhaust sound lol

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 04:30 PM

Default Worst tC exhaust sound lol

I used to be on this forum like 6-7 years ago. Here was my tC from back in the day before I turbo'd it.

Figured I'd share this little gem haha. Was toying around with different exhaust setups and wanted to try the stock muffler while switching stuff around. Needless to say it was AWFUL. Enjoy

Last edited by Jarheadsteve; 10-19-2017 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah...I remember this video. I literally wanted to shove firecrackers in my ears so I'll never have to hear it again. Haha but this was a long time ago. I just installed a header on mine and have slight rasp but not as bad as this old vid.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:52 PM

I added this JDB burnt tip and zero rasp... actually has a deep tone

Old 10-25-2017, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by xdejablu3x
Yeah...I remember this video. I literally wanted to shove firecrackers in my ears so I'll never have to hear it again. Haha but this was a long time ago. I just installed a header on mine and have slight rasp but not as bad as this old vid.
HAHA! I was wondering if anyone on here had seen this before. I don't remember exactly what I ran....I wanna say the Tsudo header >> stock midpipe >> SRS axleback and it wasn't too bad. When you did the aftermarket midpipe too it was pretty obnoxiously loud lol.

The combo in the vid literally is the worst lol.
Old 10-29-2017, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jarheadsteve
HAHA! I was wondering if anyone on here had seen this before. I don't remember exactly what I ran....I wanna say the Tsudo header >> stock midpipe >> SRS axleback and it wasn't too bad. When you did the aftermarket midpipe too it was pretty obnoxiously loud lol.

The combo in the vid literally is the worst lol.
It's all good man. I've owned my tC since 06 and I'm now starting to do engine mods to it. Right now I'm running Tsudo header - stock mid pipe - Tanabe Medallion Touring Exhaust. I want to get a custom mid pipe done with a better cat and resonator but now I want to go boost even though it's just an auto. Either that I'll just keep it the way it is to have a reliable daily and go buy a project car. Acquiring a decent 2nd gen CRX Si or even a Datsun S30 are starting to be hard to come by for a good price.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by xdejablu3x
It's all good man. I've owned my tC since 06 and I'm now starting to do engine mods to it. Right now I'm running Tsudo header - stock mid pipe - Tanabe Medallion Touring Exhaust. I want to get a custom mid pipe done with a better cat and resonator but now I want to go boost even though it's just an auto. Either that I'll just keep it the way it is to have a reliable daily and go buy a project car. Acquiring a decent 2nd gen CRX Si or even a Datsun S30 are starting to be hard to come by for a good price.
Having owned a pile of cars since the tC and multiple projects....just leave a Scion stock lol. There are so much better platforms and they really are great DD's.