Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Wise investment..Ultragauge

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Wise investment..Ultragauge

Great investment for the xB! Ever since buying my xB I could not believe Toyota would release a car without a coolant gauge.

To me this is just unbelievable! So I spent months gathering info, and figuring the cost of installing a coolant gauge. The cost of doing so,
with the gauge, gauge pod, wiring, etc..was going to be over $100....and that's for one gauge...So, I kept putting it off, and I'm glad I did.

I found this gauge/scan tool online, with nothing but great reviews. The Ultraguage plugs into the OBDII port,
the wire goes up under the dash plastic, and it mounts on the dash right behind the steering wheel.

Now, not only do I have a coolant gauge, I also have a voltage gauge...
and two other gauges I don't really care about....this thing
has over 30 different gauges available for the xB....you
simply chose which gauges you want displayed....it's also
nice to know I have a scan tool now as well.... Definitely worth the $95 shipped with all the bracket choices.....

UltraGauge OBDII Scan tool & Information Center

Last edited by MR_LUV; 12-19-2017 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Moderator
Old 10-23-2017, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yep great tool. especially for Apple phone users. For Android users there is also the alternative to use the Torque App and an OBDII bluetooth adapter. Gets all the same info and can be displayed as gauges on the phone, with the added functionality of being a code reader/clearer. Either one is a good device to have so you can keep an eye on what is actually happening with your engine.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:17 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have one too