Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Transmission/Clutch problems?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 04:31 PM

Default Transmission/Clutch problems?

I have a 2006 Scion tC and the other day I went to pull my car out of 5th to downshift coming into town and it popped out like I had no clutch. After that it wouldn't go into any gear. It will go into gear when the car is off, start in gear,
and then it would shift fine for a bit, then start to lock up again. Took extreme amounts of force to get it into gear. Slave cylinder moves fine, clutch has good pedal, tried adjusting the rod on the back of the pedal to no avail.
When going down Interstate I could push the clutch in and the RPMs would not drop.

Any ideas as for what this could be?

*Note: Duplicate Post Removed by Moderator

Last edited by MR_LUV; 01-15-2018 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Removed Duplicate Post
Old 01-15-2018, 04:46 PM
SL Member

A lot of people having this problem lately. It's either your master/slave cylinder or air in the line. But if the slave is moving back and forth full stroke it's probably something wrong with the pressure plate or release arm.

I would bet your slave cylinder isn't pushing out full stroke and isn't totally disengaging your clutch. The clutch hydraulic system is hard to diagnose and bleed, I always replace everything and pressure bleed the system.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Y2KG20
A lot of people having this problem lately. It's either your master/slave cylinder or air in the line. But if the slave is moving back and forth full stroke it's probably something wrong with the pressure plate or release arm.

I would bet your slave cylinder isn't pushing out full stroke and isn't totally disengaging your clutch. The clutch hydraulic system is hard to diagnose and bleed, I always replace everything and pressure bleed the system.
Do you know how far the slave cylinder should be extending? I've got .65in