Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

2006 xB..Three Stooges lights..

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 04:16 PM

Default 2006 xB..Three Stooges lights..

Info: 2006 xB with about 200,000 miles. Use Mobil 1 and it is pretty new. Changed plugs about a month ago and they needed it.

I have a problem with the Check engine. It comes up with a Code P0101 but I don't think it is the MAF. If it is warmed up and going down the highway with the cruise control on it is fine but if I use the peddle it acts almost like it is missing. I have an OBD2 Blue Tooth and according to my phone when the cruise control is on the absolute throttle position PID is steady and other than adjustments for grade there is no change. If I press on the gas peddle, even with the cruise on, the PID starts spiking up and down. I can accelerate and decelerate with the cruise control and all works fine. I think the oscillation is causing the MAF error but not sure. Any body out there have anything I can try??

Dose this thing have a Peddle Position Sensor?

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-13-2018 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator
Old 08-13-2018, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
SuperMod

Is that the only code you're getting...just the P0101? Easy things I would look for would be fouling of the MAF, which you could try using a MAF cleaning product on the wires inside but that seems to be a 'hit or miss' solution...also take a look at the wiring going to the MAF as someone once had insulation that was split on one of the wires going into the MAF sensor.

No 'pedal position sensor' as it's a good ol' fashioned 'drive-by-wire' setup and that wire is an actual throttle cable.

P0101's have been caused by all manner of things including MAFs, O2 sensors and who knows what else...try clearing the code and see if it, and any others, come back.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:49 PM

I forgot to include that. I cleaned the MAF even though it looked really good. I checked all the wires and connections because it acts like a loose wire. It may go several days without a problem and then it pops up the P0101. That is the only code that comes up. It also lights up the ABS and traction but that seems to be pretty common, or at least from what I have read on other posts. I cleaned the throttle position sensor and checked for loose connections but nothing. I took her out for a test run and at least for a short trip it was ok. Something is about to die I just don't know what. I put the O2 sensors on the monitor and they appear to be working. I'm not sure of the frequency that the upstream one should running though. The downstream may be a problem. But I can't see why it would work with the cruise control on and be flaky when running on the peddle.