Notices
Scion xD Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs..

Old 05-22-2019, 08:36 PM
SL Member

Default Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs..

Hey SL,

I've been a lurker here for a bit, and really appreciate all the great info. It helped me decide on getting some Eibach Sportline lowering springs from my 2010 xD, and after shopping around, I found what I think is a great deal.

The Sportlines go for around $260 at tons of places online. But I found them on sale for $101.40 straight from the manufacturer at Eibach.com.
https://eibach.com/us/i-2480-sportli...4-springs.html

It was about $20 to ship to me in CA, but I was able to google a coupon to get free shipping. XEIBSHIP18

So with tax it came to $109 shipped.

Hope this is useful to someone. I'm not affiliated with Eibach or making any money or anthing off of this. Just thought it was an awesome price.

And FYI, I like the Sportlines cuz I read here on SL that Eibach is a great brand, and they lower a little more than the Pro-Kit and TRD springs.
I plan to use these with stock struts. If anyone has comments on any of this, I'd appreciate it.

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 09-12-2019 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:50 AM
SL Member

Did the install myself on Memorial Day. Videos I watched made it look really easy and estimated only like 2 hours total. Took me 6 hours, but overall it wasn't difficult.

For anyone planning on doing a spring or coilover swap on the xD, the biggest surprise was that in order to take out the front shocks, you need to remove the bracket that covers the back of the engine. It's just a bunch of bolts, so not hard to do, but it involves removing the windshield wiper assembly, which also was not hard. But since I didn't know this step was required and was hesitant to do it since I wasn't sure exactly how to do it, it took some time for me to figure out what i needed to do, and if i was willing to just go for it.

Rear spring replacement was very easy, since you don't need to remove the shocks. Just unbolt them from the top through the trunk, lower the rear suspension beam thing and you can take both rear springs out at the same time. I didn't know the xD rear suspension was connected by a solid bar until i took a look.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:24 PM

I need to replace my suspension and the removal of the bracket and wiper mechanism is the only thing I'm not comfortbale with, I'm used to just three bolts up top and 2 below to remove the assembly. How do the Eibach's ride compared to stock?
Old 09-13-2019, 12:17 AM
SL Member

I'm not mechanic or anything, just a regular DIYer. Removing the cover/wiper parts wasn't hard, i just wasn't prepared for that, so it went slow for me. But I figured it out with no instructions, so that says something.

I found directions for it here, which is what I should've checked before assuming i'd be just the bolts on top:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sci...prings-146335/

The car handles noticeably better, I'm very happy with it! But of course, you feel bumps more, and can scrap on driveways if you're not careful.
Old 09-13-2019, 12:18 AM
SL Member

If you're interested in getting the $100 springs thru Eibach, better hurry. Looks like there's only 1 left...
Old 09-15-2019, 03:51 PM
Banned
SL Member

Considering how hard-riding the stock springs are, I imagine that with the Eibach springs on it must ride like an empty dump truck.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:12 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by DAlex
Considering how hard-riding the stock springs are, I imagine that with the Eibach springs on it must ride like an empty dump truck.
Hmm, I bought my xD used, so maybe by the time I got it the stock springs were worn. But I wanted to upgrade the springs cuz the stock ones were so soft,
made the handling feel very unresponsive. Problem solved with the Eibachs, but maybe just returned them to factory feel, I wouldn’t know. 😅

_____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-04-2020 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-01-2020, 09:53 PM
SL Member

Got any pics of how she looks ?
Old 08-04-2020, 05:24 PM
SL Member

just snapped some quick photos while shopping. Don’t mock the dents, most were there when I bought it. 😅

drop was about 2 inches. Tires and wheels are stock.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-04-2020 at 05:57 PM.