Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
i'll try to get some pictures posted up tonight or tomorrow when i can
Great, that'd be appreciated. I know i'm not the only one in this situation, so this is surely helping many people.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:17 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

well.. i don't have a camera right now... but if you're impatient... how about you take some pics where the tranny area is under the hood... post them up.. and i'll use ms paint to draw you an arrow?

Old 12-15-2006, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

i've had the same problem. it seems to happen when the underhood temps get hot. i haven't tried fixing it but mine seems to be coming from between the slave cylinder rod and the shift fork. if any of yall have time i would try some high temp grease between the fork and the slave cylinder rod. i would actually take off the slave cylinder from the trans and lube the end of the rod and the contact point on the shift fork. reassemble and see if that works. let me know if that works. i work on volkswagens all day and don't feel like working on my own car sometimes. let me know if that fixes it.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:36 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

^^ THAT'S what they're called!!!

here i am brain farting trying to remember... lol...

rod thingy on metal thingy.. lol.. oops..
Old 12-15-2006, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
well.. i don't have a camera right now... but if you're impatient... how about you take some pics where the tranny area is under the hood... post them up.. and i'll use ms paint to draw you an arrow?

lol, its cool...I too don't own a camera. i'm sure i'll figure it out. Patience is a virtue after all. Whenever you get a chance, since there is nothing wrong with the car, i'm in no rush. thanks again!
Old 12-15-2006, 10:45 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

yeah... the clutch release cylinder.. has a rod or something..... rod thingy.. that pushes on the release fork sub-assembly...

you'll see and locate it if you have a buddy press down on the clutch when you're looking.... only thing that moves to the right.. and it's squeaking!
Old 12-15-2006, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I have some lithium spray grease at home...should I just spray some of that on there and that should take care of it? (i hope im not oversimplifying)
Old 12-15-2006, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i had this after i put on a Megan Drift spec, after i adjusted the exhaust it stopped... not sure if that was even the problem but it stopped nonetheless
Old 12-15-2006, 10:51 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

^^ totally.... different type of squeaking....

hmm... you need to get the grease/lube inside the dome thingy...
Old 12-15-2006, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

it was only when i shifted....
Old 12-15-2006, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

alright, well, i'll do my best...thanks for the help!
Old 12-16-2006, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

i would use some brake caliper grease or other high-temp grease. it will hold up longer than lithium grease or silicone spray.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Alright, I took a look and couldn't figure it out b/c none of the rubber seemed to want to move freely and I didn't want to tear/break anything. I took a pic with my cell phone:

Old 12-16-2006, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there was a very very long thread about this on clubsciontc by a guy named TCFUZION the thread was over 2 to 3 months documenting the whole ordeal with th dealer, the lubing wich is a temporary fix, and finally the dealer replacing the whole assembly with one from an 06 or 07. unfortunatly this guy Fuzion ended up getting banned for other reasons and now all his posts are either deleted or unreadable, its a shame really since he seems to be the only one who was succesfull in solving the prob.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

So the dealer will lube it up all nice for me, but the problem will come back until I have it replaced? It seems that almost EVERYONE with a stick is having this problem? I hate to say it, but recall???
Old 12-17-2006, 12:28 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

uhmm.. neah.... no recall... no safety issues present.

you wanna start recalls on the car for rattling?? uhm.. neah..

anyway.. i used a little pry bar to help seperate the rod from the fork... just need to get some lube in there.... should be fine

i dunno how long and if it'll come back.. but not like it's life-threatening anyway.... it happens.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Yea, maybe i'll try that. I didn't have the guts to do it before without asking b/c its the worst feeling when I damage my own car!

I didn't mean a recall btw, I know those are only for safety. I meant a tsb...I guess you're not the only one who brain farts! lol
Old 03-21-2007, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Spect2K3
So the dealer will lube it up all nice for me, but the problem will come back until I have it replaced? It seems that almost EVERYONE with a stick is having this problem? I hate to say it, but recall???
lol, i am tcfuzion. and yeah, they can lube it all they want, it will keep coming back.

so you get to make return trips to the dealer every month or so and the will continue to lube it for you.... and they think this is a suitable solution! lol....

yes, MANY 5 speed tc's have this squeaky clutch issue. seems to be more common in '05's.

and yes, there most definitely SHOULD be a RECALL, but it would cost scion WAY too much money, so there won't be. and thats total BS about not being a safety concern....if something in your clutch is squeaking, that means its rubbing (friction), which means it will wear, which means it could eventually break, which means that your clutch could stop functioning, which , if you happen to be driving on the highway, wuold cause your car to be immobilized and therefore EXTREMELY dangerous. I have a 6 year old kid, and have to say, i'm not tickled pink (to say the least) that SCION has no problem with me driving her around in a car with a suspect clutch system.

and I say suspect, because NO ONE (not even scion or the techs) know what is actually up with the clutch. if they did, they would have fixed mine by now so i would stop complaining.

bottom line is: bringing it to the dealership is like banging your head against the wall. won't ever accomplish anything. LEMON LAW is the way to handle it. don't take any guff from scion corporate. but your lemon law lawyer is going to tell you to continue bringing the car in for service for that issue anyway, so they have documentation that you tried to have it fixed.

so its one big, long, process. i'm thinking SCION is hoping that none of us actually have the staying power and tenacity to stick with it long enough to win a settlement and get a refund or replacement car.

they though wrong.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Let us know how it goes!!!
Old 05-10-2007, 01:21 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Waking the dead on this thread.

I noticed a slight squeak yesterday after parking my car at home all day. I got in and "squeak!!"......damn!

Well, here's my steps on how to fix it

How to fix some minor clutch squeak and feel your clutch pedal smoother than ever

1)Located slave cylinder (front of transmission....just look straight down to the right of the upper radiator hose)

2)The yellow is just another spot I put grease on (it's where the slave cylinder rod comes out and pushes on the clutch fork.
3)Pull back on the rubber boot lined with red by pulling the little flap circled in red
4)You will see a metal arm reaching into the transmission (the clutch fork)
5)Get some high temperature bearing grease on your finger and apply it to that arm as far as your finger can reach into the housing.
6)Get someone to pump the clutch a few times and then hold it in all the way
7)you will see it move to the right and allow you to apply more grease to the other side of the fork (MAKE SURE THEY HOLD THE CLUTCH OR YOU'LL PINCH YOUR FINGER!)
8 )Make sure you cover all sections of the fork your finger can reach
9)replace the boot and start the car
10)give the clutch pedal a few pushes and then feel the difference

My clutch springs back quickly and MUCH smoother than stock ever did. I love the new feel of it

Quick Reply: Clutch Squeaking Fix