Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   tC Tech and DIY (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/tc-tech-diy-1818/)
-   -   Header Install (DC Sports) (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/tc-tech-diy-1818/header-install-dc-sports-22180/)

Kall 03-27-2007 09:53 PM

Go figure... I reset my ECU for the 3rd time, but this time I have 400 miles and no CEL. I hope it stays like that...

Update: Tadáááá! CEL at 460 miles. Got a reading of the computer - "P0420 - Emission bellow [something]." I guess I'll try to drill the small hole on the anti-foul.

magnetic 04-01-2007 02:09 AM

Sheesus I can't get that O2 sensor on the stock header off. I've almost stripped it. :( So I just gave up, tightened everything back up and let it be.

I might have to save up and just buy a new O2 sensor so I can plug and play that one on the new header. Because all the PB Blaster, WD40, and SeaFoam lubricant in the world isn't gonna un-round those corners on that nut. :cry:

Kall 04-02-2007 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by magnetic
Sheesus I can't get that O2 sensor on the stock header off. I've almost stripped it. :( So I just gave up, tightened everything back up and let it be.

I might have to save up and just buy a new O2 sensor so I can plug and play that one on the new header. Because all the PB Blaster, WD40, and SeaFoam lubricant in the world isn't gonna un-round those corners on that nut. :cry:

Did you try to use a longer wrench?

FredyCakes07 04-02-2007 12:56 AM

i ahd to buy a new 02 sensor but its ok, my CEL never came off and im thinking about getting the anit-fouler. but over all i'm happy with the header

Jigga52 04-08-2007 12:13 PM

you know what is really messed up, i just found the anti-fouler in pep boys after i have asked around about it a million times and nobody knew anything about what i was saying or looking for and i was looking dum, but now, my header is already installed on my car w/ a high flow cat, and i paid $200 for the install. But that's ok, cuz i just save a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Gieco. lol

tCizzler 04-09-2007 03:56 PM

I took my header off to do some experimentation and noticed that my O2 sensor is covered with a bright red residue, and so is the whole inside of my header, any thoughts on what this could be, or what caused it?? My header has only been on for about a week or two

Sleep3r 04-09-2007 04:13 PM

for people having problems with taking the o2 off the header or s-pipe use a vice grip worked for me and i didn't even mess any of the threads up. oh and keep spraying wd-40 as you keep turning

Mid_Life_tC-risis 04-09-2007 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by tCizzler
I took my header off to do some experimentation and noticed that my O2 sensor is covered with a bright red residue, and so is the whole inside of my header, any thoughts on what this could be, or what caused it?? My header has only been on for about a week or two

Do any other I/H/E work the last two weeks, besides the DC header? Put on new exhaust manifold gasket or re-use old one? Use anti-sieze on your A/F sensor threads?

tCizzler 04-09-2007 10:50 PM

yeah i reused the gasket, but didn't use any kind of product. I just pulled it off and put it back on. No other work done

SiL3nTKiLL 04-10-2007 02:09 PM

im kinda getting worried about getting the DCSport because every is saying it sounds like poop with the stock exhaust setup. i have the draxas spipe and thats it. will it sound like crap with the stock exhaust and stock midpipe? and how will it sound with the stock midpipe and the precision muffler axelback

timmyinpajamas 04-11-2007 12:24 AM

i just installed my dc headers i bought from someone in sl and install was a breeze .. its been a week n no cel hopefully .. i used a vice grip on my o2 sensors with no wd40 and it came out easy .. only problem was wen i was tighting the bolt to connect the spipe to the header the bolt broke n half was stuck in the header so i had 2 take everything apart to drill out the bolt n use bolts from home depot lolz ... but everything sounds good .. i have the dc sports exhaust n invidia s pipe n megan midpipe .. and i think it sounds nice n aggressive

NycMiner 04-11-2007 05:42 PM

Am I correct in thinking that its not possible to pass emissions with the headers on?

tCizzler 04-11-2007 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by NycMiner
Am I correct in thinking that its not possible to pass emissions with the headers on?

If you mean the header (singular) sorry :P , Then no, you can still pass, but you have to successfully keep the CEL off. Whether it be anti foulers or whatever else you can rig up.

Sleep3r 04-11-2007 06:26 PM

i thought that by eliminating the primary cat that you can't pass emmissions even w/ cel fix??

tCizzler 04-11-2007 08:25 PM

You're not eliminating the primary cat though, Technically it's called the PRE-cat by Toyota. The primary cat is under the car and it stays there.

Sleep3r 04-11-2007 09:05 PM

hmm i thought it was the other way around so confusing...it was already weird enough to find out that our car has two cats....

tCizzler 04-11-2007 11:38 PM

Oh snap!... I just realized you're in Cali. Laws there are tighter that a nun's cun+. Here in PA it will pass with no problems. I even asked my mechanic before i did it. Also, It's definately the pre cat on the stock header and the primary cat on the midpipe area. I know for a fact because mine went bad a couple months ago and they replaced it under warranty but my work order said

Problem: Bad pre-cat... Melted honeycombs

Work done: Replace exhaust manifold

Mid_Life_tC-risis 04-12-2007 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by tCizzler
Problem: Bad pre-cat... Melted honeycombs
Work done: Replace exhaust manifold

Did you have your manifold wrapped when this happened?

Jigga52 04-12-2007 02:08 AM

aww, man , i had the guyz that did my exhaust put my header in and take off the primary cat before the resonator and put a high flow cat in place of it.

Mid_Life_tC-risis 04-12-2007 10:44 AM

^^ You say that like it's a bad thing. (lol) Don't know if it's true of the tC's cats - haven't seen any backpressure tests on ours - but many OE cats are very restrictive. Chances are you have a little more HP now with header + new hi-flow cat over adding just the header.