Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   tC Tech and DIY (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/tc-tech-diy-1818/)
-   -   Header Install (DC Sports) (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/tc-tech-diy-1818/header-install-dc-sports-22180/)

Laminate 06-26-2009 05:30 AM

just the second one. i bought some more anti foulers im gonna try putting 3 instead of two. i bought the short ones not the long tapered ones.

Laminate 06-26-2009 05:33 AM

oh and has anyone tried moving the sensor to after the second cat? wondering if this works, i might just do that. also thinking of removing the second cat tho in the future... so that's a last resort.

Laminate 06-29-2009 09:20 PM

nevermind. i figured out smething that works. i put three anti foulers together, drilled through the last two of them. i bought a catalytic converter on ebay for $50, and knocked out some of the honeycomb inside and placed it inside of the anti foulers, before the sensor. it seems to be working well... so far. if anyone else is still having the CEL problem with their sensor, maby try this.

jwaggz82 08-30-2009 10:09 PM

20lbs torque on the header seems low - can someone confirm its 20lbs? I need to remove my header tomorrow. Also - i bought some blue lock nut. Should you or should you not use that on a header?

jwaggz82 08-30-2009 10:36 PM

^ nevermind - its 27lbs
https://www.scionlife.com/tech/manual/?manual=tc05_1480

kuo34 08-31-2009 02:12 AM

If anything use anti-seize on the nuts/bolts for mounting the header and O2 sensor. Locktite (or whatever you're using to secure the threads) won't be necessary as long as you torque to spec.

jwaggz82 08-31-2009 06:50 PM

one of the spring bolts is stripped - anybody know the correct bolt to replace it with?

kuo34 08-31-2009 08:56 PM

Could take it down to your local hardware store and hunt and peck for it. It's metric, but that's about all the help I can get you. I paid dealership price the last time I replaced one, and it was something like $4 so well worth some poking around in the bolt bins.

sciontec 10-11-2009 12:24 AM

I have a corolla xrs 2009 i install dc sports 4-2-1 with three anti-foulers, 200 miles no cel yet,!!! thanks

my06tc 10-11-2009 01:02 AM

any bolts or springs can easily be bought at lowes or hardware store..the header itself is metric....

GreenFlash 10-15-2009 05:39 AM

Hi=D
quick question hope you guys can help. So how many non-foulers do I get? And what exactly do I do? Sorry for a noob question. Thanks

ToyoTech_tCyaLater 01-21-2010 10:43 PM

Cause of DTC (CEL) from O2 sensor

To correct your earlier post, the car throws a DTC from the O2 cuz the stock manifold has a built in cat. So the exhaust gas isnt being filtered properly so your emissions are ECU acceptable. By off setting the O2 sensor it causes less of the gas to hit it so it doesnt throw a code...

ToyoTech_tCyaLater 01-21-2010 10:50 PM

Any other questions id be happy to respond

GQQSE13 02-24-2010 07:41 PM

when doing this should i replace the donut gasket as well? or will the original work just fine?

ack154 02-24-2010 07:44 PM

Most every thread I've seen about it has been reusing the existing donut.

GQQSE13 02-24-2010 07:49 PM

ok just figured i'd double-check since i know my buddy recomended getting a new manifold gasket; so figured i'd double-check on this one as well since i hadnt heard of any issues

mrhat 02-26-2010 06:06 PM

installed my DC header, misplaced my antifouler but I haven't got a CEL in over 100 miles. Am I supposed to reset the ecu?

GammaTNT 04-23-2010 10:48 PM

after almost 3 years with dc header. The cel light came on. I found out the anti-fouler was broken off (due to rust). The o2 sensor was hanging by the wires. Every bolts and nuts under my car were very rusted.
I broke my spring bolt that connect the spipe to the header. I am going to dremel the other spring bolt off. :(
Does trdsparks sell those spring bolts?

Laminate 04-24-2010 06:47 AM

"one of the spring bolts is stripped - anybody know the correct bolt to replace it with? "
any bolts from hardware or auto stores should do heres a website with some you can order and almost anything else stock as well just type in scion tc http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php

"Hi=D
quick question hope you guys can help. So how many non-foulers do I get? And what exactly do I do? Sorry for a noob question. Thanks"
you could order the angled one from several websites im not sure which ones (common item) or if you happen to have an old catalytic converter, buy three antifoulers the right size at autozone (correct size mentioned earlier in thread somewhere) and drill two of them out 1/2 inch then put them all together put some pieces of the honeycomb cat in it then screw in your o2 sensor.

"ok just figured i'd double-check since i know my buddy recomended getting a new manifold gasket; so figured i'd double-check on this one as well since i hadnt heard of any issues"
i presume your getting some new headers? if so then you could get a new gasket, although if you dont mess wit the old one you may be able to reuse it. i just felt safer to get a new one when i got my header.

"installed my DC header, misplaced my antifouler but I haven't got a CEL in over 100 miles. Am I supposed to reset the ecu? "
you are supposed to reset your ecu after install then start it and let it idle for about 5-10 mins then your gtg. if you get cel do the anti fouler.

"after almost 3 years with dc header. The cel light came on. I found out the anti-fouler was broken off (due to rust). The o2 sensor was hanging by the wires. Every bolts and nuts under my car were very rusted.
I broke my spring bolt that connect the spipe to the header. I am going to dremel the other spring bolt off. :(
Does trdsparks sell those spring bolts?"
wow thats a lot of rust lol you can get spring bolts from http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php for sure idk if trdsparks has them or not.

ProMark 05-26-2010 12:16 AM

so if ur installing a New S-pipe do u still use the springs to blot it on to the headers?