Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   tC Tech and DIY (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/tc-tech-diy-1818/)
-   -   LED Swap (05-06 HVAC w/Circuit MOD) (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/tc-tech-diy-1818/led-swap-05-06-hvac-w-circuit-mod-32276/)

LEDMods_net 08-29-2006 04:46 AM

^^^ I had a guy send me his HVAC board (without the case) and the screen cracked during shipping. So I always ask for the entire HVAC unit.

engifineer 08-29-2006 04:55 AM

^^ I normally do as well. I just wasnt clear on it when I set this one up. But things happen. The key is how we handle things when they do. Too many other types of companies out there are screwing people when thier products have issues, so I hope at least in this area we can all provide some good, solidly backed services, which I think is the case for the most part.

LEDMods_net 08-29-2006 05:03 AM

Absolutely, I'm glad to see how well you take care of your customers (I pretty much figured you to be an honorable guy seeing how popular you are here).

2fast4you 08-29-2006 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01
^^^ I had a guy send me his HVAC board (without the case) and the screen cracked during shipping. So I always ask for the entire HVAC unit.

Speaking of which, are you busy in two weeks? :wink:

ETA: I just got your e-mail. Good lookin' out.

engifineer 08-29-2006 05:06 AM

I have also heard nothing but good on your end as well. Garage1217 and squallheart I would also vouch for. It is nice that people have some good choices in this area.. and also nice that there are more than one of us.. cause there is definitely enough business to go around in the led swap area! Like I said, anyone can make a mistake, it is how that mistake is corrected that makes the deal right. That goes for any type of service or product. Too bad more dealerships dont feel the same :P

SquallLHeart 08-29-2006 08:14 AM

thank you dave :)

it's wonderful too to be able to provide services.. i just love helping people out as much as i can.

even at my own expense sometimes.. :?

anyway... i'm still curious on this supposed new revision... :P

what crazy ideas you got up there in your head engineer man? :roll:

MountScion1 08-30-2006 11:17 AM

Just to chime in, Dave is a stellar guy, he has been super helpful in every sense. I can't say enough good things about him. I overnighted him the board yesterday at lunch, and he is taking care of me. Hopefully he gets it today, and I'll be good to go. But again, anytime Ive had a question Dave gets back to me in at the drop of a hat...... Would certainly recommend to anyone interested in having this done. (I feel like I'm leaving an ebay review....lol)

engifineer 08-31-2006 12:26 AM

Just an update to everyone. I already pmd you as well Ryan. And thanks for all of the good words by the way!

His HVAC is fixed. I at some point nicked one of the small traces. Just enough that I could push on it and make the problem go away, so it was just barely cut, probably why I did not see the problem when I first did it. The cut and trace were small enough that I had to use a magnifying glass to see the knick in it. That trace is the dimmer control signal for the button leds. It controls a transistor which in turn controls the current through those leds. With it cut, it looks like the dimmer is all the way down. I will try to post a pic of where it is on the board, but you wont be able to tell much cause of the size. If you are looking at the board, it is the closest trace in the bunch of tiny traces under the bottom right LED (the one for the outside temp button). If you cut this one, the button leds will act like the dimmer is all the way down all the time. Just something to look out for :P

MountScion1 09-02-2006 07:42 PM

Just checking in, got my hvac back yesterday- and all problems were solved. I can't wait to see it in the evening just cause it hard to tell if the buttons glow during the day (unless you cup your hands over them) But, I'm so glad to have this all taken care of, Dave thanks again for standing behind your work!! You're a good guy and I'd definitely do business with you anytime.

SquallLHeart 09-02-2006 07:45 PM

go dave!! :clap:

engifineer 09-02-2006 07:55 PM

Cool, glad to see they got it there and it looks good! It kinda sucks to do it in the daytime because you cant really see the results until it gets dark :P

And thanks for being so patient. I know it is a pain in the arse to have to send something back and wait for the fix.

Enjoy!

Leganza 10-10-2006 06:09 AM

Hi guys!
I'm trying to swap all leds to white color and I'm almost done except one problem.
It's not a center console's problem. It's coming from gauge cluster.
I just brought PCB to my car after I finish swapping leds and checked white lights and it seemed like everything was OK but when I turn off beam light all white leds were blinking with very dark lights. Fortunately two leds for LCD worked properly and other leds also worked when I turn on beam light. But if I turn if off all gauge leds were blinking...
What's the problem?? anyone experienced similar problem? and how did you resolve it???
Please help meeee!!!

LEDMods_net 10-10-2006 08:19 AM

Did you check the dimmer?

SquallLHeart 10-10-2006 08:46 AM

hey... come by stevens creek scion tomorrow between 12pm-5pm.. i'll be there.

Leganza 10-11-2006 06:27 AM

well... I usually come back home after 6.. but thanks!

What do I have to check the dimmer? Pleeaseee explain me the detail..... ^^

By the way I got same problem with window s/w. there are three leds and only one of them is blinking... the difference with gauge leds is the light of s/w is very bright. and it's blinking when it is turned on. but the gauge leds are blinking when those must be off..

LEDMods_net 10-11-2006 06:46 AM

the dimmer on the gauges that controls the brightness of the lights. It's the knob on the left. I sometimes run into that "problem", and just turn up the brightness.

For the windows, that just flashes because you need to reset the auto function of the window. Hold down the window button to roll the window down. once it's completely down, release the button, and pull it up to roll the window up. Once it is fully up, release the button, and it should stop flashing, and the windows should function automatically (if not, try it again).

SquallLHeart 10-11-2006 07:01 AM

^^ yeah what he said.. if anything you can still pm me and i can help you out thursday or friday.

Leganza 10-14-2006 07:11 AM

Thanks guys... but still it's same...
I found some a little bad connection of leds and re-soldered, and then I brought circuit board to car and still same..
The problem is when I brought circuit board of gauge to car and if I turn on car and beam on, all leds work fine.. but if I turn beam light off, all leds were flashing!..
As I know two leds on lcd have to be on and the others must be off, right?
But now two leds on lcd were still bright, which is good, and flashing with very fast interval. and all the other white leds were flasing too with dark light.
so I adjusted dimmer up and down. if I turn the dimmer up, all leds(not lcd leds) were flashing and then I turned it down about half way, then the flashing was stopped but still all leds were on. Oviously I turned off the beam light at that time, which means all leds must be off.
Anyway when I turned dimmer down all the way to the end, then all leds including lcd's were off. It means dimmer works properly doesn't it?
What makes this problem???????

SquallLHeart 10-14-2006 07:26 AM

i dunno if you fried anything.... but i was available pretty much all day (fri).... lemme look at it?

Leganza 10-15-2006 07:33 AM

holly crap!!
I actually bought used gauge cluster from ebay last week cause I thought I could screw up mine after swapping leds.
So today I swapped all leds again on the used one and brought it to my car.. guess what!!!
It was same... flashing all leds if I turn on the car. if I turn on the beam, alll leds work fine.. i don't think I fried anything on the circuit board twice... I might have to meet SquallLHeart soon.... What should I doooo...........??