5 Year Member
SL Member

Stage 2, yes that's right.

TAPE UP THE HOLE PEOPLE !
Old 11-26-2005, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well did mine last night and cracked the cap pretty bad so now i have to goto the dealer and see if i can order just the cap or the whole assembly, im ____ed
Old 11-28-2005, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I found that after much stress and worry, taking a wide-tipped flat-head screw driver and popping up where you see the black pry bar on the left, it worked almost without need to pry the other side (superficially considering the work I put in before) This made the removal 30x easier once I had figured this part out.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Limey
I installed mine this weekend, I have one VERY IMPORTANT piece of advice to anyone installing a new shifter.

When you get at the full shift assembly (if you're doing it in car), there is a hole right in the middle, slightly towards the backseats direction. The hole is maybe 1.5" across and goes directly into the chassis (a bottomless pit).

When you can see this, take a piece of duct tape and cover it up.

This hole is in a perfect position to catch the center securing clip that fits on the bottom if you happen to drop it while taking it off, or putting it back on.

TAPE UP THE HOLE.

You have no idea how hard it is trying to get a metal clip out of a metal hole in a metal cave using a magnet. I do.

Love the shifter, I got the stage 1 (the really short one), my only issue is that the boot will need some major modifictaion, I've tried the whole fold it over thing, but it still bunches ugly, so I'll be taking it out and manly sowing it into a better fit.
I was following the instructions but did not see this post until after i lost that daym piece into that hole.. pls someone update the first writeup to tell everyone to cover the hole...

Anybody kno where i can get a replacement securing clip for the bottom shifter linkage? i can't drive my car now since i've been trying to find that securing clip in with a magnet.. and no luck.. i think i pushed it to a crack or something and its stuck there.. PLS HELP!! i also need to replace the top shifter plastic piece since trying to take it off really made it pretty cracked up. Can i get these pieces at a local dealer? and if so what are the pieces called.. pls help!!

and i believe the 06 and 05 models have slight differences in the instructions such as a extra wire to disconnect and the metal clips that hold the top plastic piece. i'll take pics when i actually get this fixed...
Old 12-14-2005, 12:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yikes...call a dealer and see if you can get a piece. I'd have no idea where else to get one, cept maybe from a dealer here on SL.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am sorry for your loss. Your dealer parts's dept. should have them.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jay_jay_n
I was following the instructions but did not see this post until after i lost that daym piece into that hole.. pls someone update the first writeup to tell everyone to cover the hole...
OHHH MAN that sucks. Sorry, I tried my best.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its kool.. i couldn't find any dealers anywhere in my area that had it in stock.. as well as online doesn't have any parts like it. So i ordered it from a local dealer they said it would take a day.. if its in stock.. i HOPE they have it.. grrr.. i was so happy to get my twm stage 2 shifter.. first mod... i also kinda cracked the plastic retainer on the top that holds the shifter in place in the shifter cage... it seems like i need to get a full cage to repalce the part.. its just cracked a lil i dunno if i need to buy a new cage or just get something that would fill the plastic crack up.

grr first mod gone wrong

also the best thing to do is unbold the whole shifter cage since its easy enough.. to get to the spring so it won't fall into the hole.. and makes it a lot easier when dremeling the metal piece on the side.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ohh yeah and one other thing.. i guess i should of been more carefull when trying to pry out the white plastic top cover of the shifter... because after trying to get it off i finally was able to get it a bit loose but still not able to pry it off i then just pulled it off with LUCKILY the stock shift **** still there.. and it went strait to the my right cheek right below my eye..OMFG THAT HURT!!.. and i'm just thankfull i had the shift **** on it at the time and that i don't have a fat lip of face lol... omg that would of been bad without the shift **** in place.. i recommend adjusting the write up to tell them to put the shift **** back when trying to remove the top plastic piece since it good result really bad without it, and it give a lot of leverage. ALSO DO NOT DO THIS IN THE DARK lol.. use a flash light.. i didn't have one.. since i was ____ed off on the whole thing.. if i had light i would have already noticed it was about to come off and not have a face full of the shifter ****.

Old 12-15-2005, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well after all of that.. i was luckily enough to find the securing clip in between the carpet and metal frame.. grr.. i feel stupid for not searching harder....

lol...

well i got it installed and daym its short.. but honestly i can't tell the difference if the throws are shorter or its just a shorter shifter lever.... but TWM did make a great shifter it looks great and well built...

any body else have opinions?
Old 12-27-2005, 02:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i got mine for Christmas (Thanks Kevin) and i got the Bomb Shell shift **** and i must say that this is the most ergonomicaly correct **** i have every seen or touched. it does not matter how you grab it. it always feels good. Oh and i got it in Gun Blue.

The shifts a short, clean, and smooth.

TWM, no $hit, just Shift!

Old 12-28-2005, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member

Phixeus, that **** looks awsome. How does it feel in your hand? I see you like touching and grabbing it because "it always feels good." Hell, I think I'd like to grab it too!
Old 12-28-2005, 01:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

right the guy telling my he wants me to spank my car wants to touch my ****?

anyway, its great. it does not matter what your shifting style is this **** will work for you. the weight helps smooth out the shifts as well.

no more dirty talk about my car, its freakin me out. thanks for the input though. it is greatly appreceated.

oh my God i cant spell, but its ok i have an excuse, im from Louisiana so its to be expected.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:43 AM
5 Year Member

hey guys i bought the trd shortthrow from teh dealer when ig ot the car and they installed it. I know there was a new cage assembly for that, (or atleast it was pictured) i ordered the twm stage 2 because i wasnt happy with teh shifter height. Do you guys know if there are going to be any issues with the install since the trd shortthrow has a different shifter cage
Old 02-03-2006, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 03-28-2006, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Awesome posting this really helped with my install!
Old 03-30-2006, 07:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well I think this is definately my next mod after I get my exhaust and strut bar on next week
Old 03-31-2006, 03:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Kevin and the guys at TWM might not recomend this but i threaded the rod some more and chopped another 2 inches off the stage 2 so the shifts are even shorter and the **** is in the box. i will trya nd get a pic posted this weekend. its hella short.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just had to post a BIG thank you for taking the time to go through this install. The official instructions were completely worthless, and its too bad they wont just pay you some $$ and make this post the official instruction book. Ha ha.

This helped tremendously with my install this weekend, it really was quite complete. Thanks a bunch!
Old 04-16-2006, 11:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by VIP_tC
Originally Posted by sdparks
Try this to get the cap off with minimal damage. Pry both sides at the same time.
It is funny - of all the pics ive seen of this cap, none of them have the two clamps on it like mine does. I had to pry them off before I could pop the cap off. Not a real big deal, but I wonder why some people dont have them on their car...???
While installing my stereo stuff the other day I noticed the 2 metal clips on mine too. How do you go about removing them? I didn't take a really good look at em but since you have done it, I thought I might as well ask.

Quick Reply: Short Shifter Install (TWM)