Notices
Toyota News / Q+A Things you would like to see or know...

Scion is going downhill!!! Post ur opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 06:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
... and how many Scions do you see on the road a day?

dunno about you.. but i see them EVERYWHERE..
reputable? i think very much.

selling well? i think so..
Scion making any mistakes?..

hmm.. lemme think.... thousands and thousands of cars sold...

i don't think so.

now if you're comparing recent sales? come on... compare it to the rest of the other cars out there... not many cars are being sold.. period...

why? the economy... just because you believe one company is "messing up"... that you can say ohh! why isn't so-and-so selling that well??

well, all of them aren't selling well..

as far as the 3 car lineup? i got rumors on my end that will change.. are people ready for it? maybe..

but well.. i more think, the ECONOMY isn't ready.
agreed, but they will absolutely Dominate the market if they offered 'higher' trim levels on our cars that offered better build quality and more performance
Old 11-12-2008, 06:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by crazypezguy
i would like it if my 06xb didnt sound like it was 20years old. i would like it if my xb had more power. i would like it if the carpet wasnt fraying around the corners. i would like it if the wind blowing a shopping cart into my car didnt dint the side of my car. i would like it if the paint was more resistible to the road so i didnt have a silver/gray poke-o-dot front bumper. if the interior components didnt rattle lose when im driving down the road. if my seat didnt turn from black to grey from me getting in and out of my car. but hey i got what i paid for.

but the idea your going to make a more affordable car than the one i purchased is a scary thought. what problems well it have?
thanks for proving my point.

Im not saying stop making the existing models, im just saying start offering higher trim levels in addition to the existing models.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:29 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by scionkidd
one more thing... people dont mind shelling out more if they are getting performance... and quality
yea... people wouldn't mind.. if mommy and daddy are paying for it.

and unlike what you believe... there are countless number of people who DON'T mod their cars for performance and do just buy a Scion for the affordability, reliability, and price.

options?? geez.. how long have you been modding? smart people NEVER buy that stuff from a dealership..
audio options? oh yea.. cheaper aftermarket.. getting to choose what you want.. etc..
leather? a POINTLESS "luxury" thing
creature comfort? oh come on... how much does a Scion cost to begin with?

people WANT it that inexpensive to begin with.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
one more thing... people dont mind shelling out more if they are getting performance... and quality
yea... people wouldn't mind.. if mommy and daddy are paying for it.

and unlike what you believe... there are countless number of people who DON'T mod their cars for performance and do just buy a Scion for the affordability, reliability, and price.

options?? geez.. how long have you been modding? smart people NEVER buy that stuff from a dealership..
audio options? oh yea.. cheaper aftermarket.. getting to choose what you want.. etc..
leather? a POINTLESS "luxury" thing
creature comfort? oh come on... how much does a Scion cost to begin with?

people WANT it that inexpensive to begin with.
agreed, but u do realize there are a lot more youngsters that are rocking Altima SE-R's, EVO's, STI's, MS3, etc.

not always mommy n daddy pay for cars... and not always "young generation" means High Schoolers. im talking about all the enthusiasts.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:36 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by crazypezguy
i would like it if my 06xb didnt sound like it was 20years old. i would like it if my xb had more power. i would like it if the carpet wasnt fraying around the corners. i would like it if the wind blowing a shopping cart into my car didnt dint the side of my car. i would like it if the paint was more resistible to the road so i didnt have a silver/gray poke-o-dot front bumper. if the interior components didnt rattle lose when im driving down the road. if my seat didnt turn from black to grey from me getting in and out of my car. but hey i got what i paid for.

but the idea your going to make a more affordable car than the one i purchased is a scary thought. what problems well it have?
thanks for proving my point.

Im not saying stop making the existing models, im just saying start offering higher trim levels in addition to the existing models.
i think he was being sarcastic... and you didn't get the last sentence..

and btw.. Scion has always done a monospecs for their cars.. one trim.. (with exception of the spec tC).. it keeps production costs down.. and who gets to see the savings?

us.

i like saving money... do you?
Old 11-12-2008, 06:39 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

agreed, but u do realize there are a lot more youngsters that are rocking Altima SE-R's, EVO's, STI's, MS3, etc.

not always mommy n daddy pay for cars... and not always "young generation" means High Schoolers. im talking about all the enthusiasts.
they're rocking those cars... because they LIKE those cars?

this entire thread is nothing more than personal opinions, tastes and preferences....
it'll go nowhere, lead to nowhere... and there's no point in fighting or arguing.. because NO ONE is gonna win..

i'm done.. you can continue shoveling if you want.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I do. who doesn't?

but it would be very nice to have a more powerful option in the scion brand.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:41 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

FYI, your options are already out there to get more power... provided you have the money to buy them.

as i said.. i'm done.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

You also realize that a lot of these people are buying these cars used.. I mean why wouldn't you spend 18k on a used evo instead of a new tc. I love my car and do not plan on every getting rid of it, but someone looking to buy a tc isn't going to be in the same market to buy a brand new evo or sti your comparing a 30k+ to a $18k car.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Trim levels, and pricing/producing cars out of the range of the first-time new car buyer, go against the entire Scion philosophy and brand image.

</thread>

Oh, and for your information, I'm trading my tC for an iQ when it comes out.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Comparing Scions to high hp luxury cars is like apples to oranges. If Scions were starting at $33k and we were still only getting 160hp engines, then you'd have something to complain about. We drive smoothed out Celica's and econoboxes. Not Autobahn racers.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

The tC is an econobox. The Scion brand was intended for a younger crowd, a crowd that was looking at getting a new car for the first time.

Also, anyone who bought a mid $30k car, while in highschool and without the help of parents, does not know how to manage money and will not make it very far in life.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Also, anyone who bought a mid $30k car, while in highschool and without the help of parents, will probably just wrap it around a tree.
FTFY
Old 11-12-2008, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Also, let's take a look at Toyota in general. They have ZERO sports vehicles on their lineup. The sportiest thing is the Tacoma X-Runner. Now, are you ready for a total mind____?

0 Sports cars. #1 selling automotive company in the world.

I'll let you try to explain how and why this is. I expect a descriptive, structured statement by noon.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

But what about GM? They have the Charger, Challenger, Magnum, Viper... oh wait.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

That's Chrysler, not GM. But I got your point, lol.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

im not in any way b!tchin or complaining bout toyota and their cars... all Im saying is that it would be very nice to have a 250-300hp tC that is performance tuned for around 25K... since most of us spend a lot making the car worth in the high 20's to low/mid 30K range... u feel me
Old 11-17-2008, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This has to be one on the dumbest threads I have ever read... Scion is a steppingstone to get kids into the Toyota family. They hope you will follow the progression of Scion => Toyota => Lexus. Why would they price point their cars out of the demographic they are marketing towards?

And if you wanted a fast car, you should've bought one. And if you wanted a fast tC, then you should build one. And if you love the MS3, Evo, Type-S, STi, you should've bought that instead.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for the harsh words!

I do have a N/A tC... as well as a Very good Built turbo tC which is a LOT faster than any of the cars you listed ...so im not b!tchin or complaining in any way!

and I do get the idea that scion is a stepping stone for kids... but seeing the amount of people going the F/I route, its got me thinking that if we had a more performance oriented model, it would be appreatiated
Old 11-17-2008, 03:31 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Isn't that why they have the TRD supercharger? If they do decide to go high performance, they need to keep the reliability, which is probably why the S/C doesn't come with a 9.5 or 12 lb pulley.

If Toyota put out a 250-300 HP version that couldn't go 60,000 miles their brand would be damaged for reliability. They aren't willing to risk it for the relitively small tuner crowd. I knwo the majority of people here on SL want FI, but what percentage of overall Scion owners do they represent? I would guess a small one. At least they support the tuning community, if only for marketing purposes. Trust me, the Honda and Nissan people would love to have corporate sponsored VIP drag strip events. Scion's probably been the most proactive in that respect. Of course, you're warranty is still shot if you throw a rod.

I do wish they released the 1NZFE TRD turbo over here though.

Quick Reply: Scion is going downhill!!! Post ur opinions!