Notices
Website Discussion Problem? Let us know about it here...
View Poll Results: Should we have a chat room for ScionLife?
Yes
84.21%
No
15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Chating

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member

Default Chating

I think that there should be some kind of chat room for us to talk as a group or one on one conversations. I think it would be very cool let me know what everyone thinks about this idea. Please lets get one up and going.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
N.G.S.O.

i like the idea but everone i have seen only used it for a week but the way the good scion people are posting on this board i think it would be a good idea lets make it happen
Old 09-23-2003, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

chatting will promote girls online! haha... more girls..more pain and happiness...haha.
Old 10-01-2003, 06:15 PM
Founder
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I used to run a chatroom on Draglab and NWStreetRacing, but it really didn't work that great. No one was ever in the room at the same time. I might add one in the future... we'll see.

Darren
Old 10-01-2003, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

at the rate people sometimes respond to the posts, it practically is a chat room! I think it's a cool idea.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

one way that it might work is if you do a conference chat...Basically have a moderator or whoever set up a topic, schedule the chat at a certain time and people can log on and join the chat and discuss the topic...IF it gets off topic, it gets off topic...At least everyone interested will be on at the same time.

If anyone can't make the time, the person holding the chat session could choose to archieve the chat to public, that way everyone can see what was said.

just a suggestion.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

That would be fun to chat instantly with people. You wouldn't always have to wait for a response or anything.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:15 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

A chat room would be great so we wouldn't have to post something and comeback hours later to find an answer. But there should also be one of those things, like the registry, that tells which scion life members are online even if there isn't a chat room so atleast we wouldn't have to wait to get answers. I know when I private messaged someone, it took like 3 days to get an answer and by then the springs were gone.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i dunno i think a chat room would cause many of us to lead even less productive lives.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member

Default Chat Room Concept would be excellent

I also agree about having a Chat!!! It is a great suggestion. I hope to see one in the near future
Old 10-20-2003, 05:21 AM
Founder
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have officially decided against having a chat on Scion Life. There are a number of reasons...

1. I have attempted this before on other sites and it always seems like a good idea, but in practice it never really works well.

2. Of the available chat clients there are not really any free or cheap ones that are worthy. The JAVA clients don't work across some firewalls, the HTML ones are too clunky and the Flash ones are not really perfected.

3. The information traded in a chatroom is not recorded and archived. This means that any questions that are answered are not available for future users.

I have spent quite a few hours researching and testing some modules, but none that would meet the quality that I expect on this site. If anyone has a suggestion of a program/addon that will do this successfully then definitely let me know and I will look into it.

Darren
Old 10-20-2003, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i think darren is right. if you guys really want to chat, let's make a chatroom on AIM and talk in there. pretty much everyone has instant messenger, and you can have a ton of people in one room. the chat thing never seems to work. they even tried it on NASIOC which is a big subaru forum with over 40,000 members, and there are usually only a couple people in there at one time.

the best way to talk to other members is to go to meets. but since we're not all local, maybe the second best way is to set up chat times when people are available to talk, and just so it on AIM chat or something. we can call the room 'scionlife' so it's easy to find and anyone can join in and talk. it would also be a good way for potential scion owners to ask questions and get immediate responses from some of the owners without having to go to the meets if they're shy or whatever.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member

Lets Chat