Notices
Website Discussion Problem? Let us know about it here...

How To Add Car to Garage

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 01:30 PM
SL Member

Default How To Add Car to Garage

Hello. I'm not sure how to add my car to my profile. I've made an album for my car, but it still says "Garage is empty" below my username on my posts. I don't know how to get it to show my car. I'm sorry if this is a dumb problem.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:52 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Unfortunately, the Garage product doesn't work like it used to due to updates to the site's PHP and other underlying code that aren't fully supported by the product.
We're able to still show members' cars if they added a car before these updates (which date back to about a year ago now), but there's no way to add a car in the time since the update kicked in.

The good news is we're looking at a few different options for reviving the concept of the Garage. Right now, our Tech Team is specifically investigating the idea of hooking Make/Model/Year profile fields into a
central database to make sure everyone who lists a car does so with the correct data. This will prevent issues such as someone just saying "tC" with no year, or "Scion" with no model.
I don't yet have a time frame for when this may roll out (Dev work hasn't even started yet), but we've already had a couple meetings with the team to try to iron out some of the potential kinks.

Meantime, the best we can offer the user is to upload your car image to the Gallery and then either insert that image or link to it in your Signature. I know it's not quite ideal, but it should only be a short-term workaround.

(Similar to My Signature Below) Use Edit Signature under Settings & Options in Your Control Panel.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 03-26-2019 at 04:10 AM.