Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Website Discussion (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/website-discussion-1613/)
-   -   why can i not reply to posts (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/website-discussion-1613/why-can-i-not-reply-posts-197101/)

ariese 12-19-2010 10:16 PM

why can i not reply to posts

and keep getting this on almost eerything i do

ariese, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

SquallLHeart 12-19-2010 11:06 PM

where are you trying to post?

ariese 12-19-2010 11:49 PM

i can reply to my threads only but all other threads or trying to send messages it wont work

Tomas 12-20-2010 07:17 AM

Adam, it looks like you made a recent change to something in your profile and didn't respond to an email the server sent you to confirm.

I told the server to forget about it, and you should be OK now. :)

Tom

TcXGurl 12-23-2010 12:01 AM

Hello,
I'm having the same problem with my normal account: xTcGurlx
It lets me log on but won't let me access anything. I keep getting a message saying I don't have permission to access this page. I don't want to lose my posts and have to start over with everything.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you,

Lisa

Tomas 12-23-2010 01:16 AM

Lisa, I just took a quick look, and your new account looks fine, you old account was waiting for a confirmation response from you. I'll go ahead and tell it to pretend it got one.

I don't see any posts for either of those accounts other than the post here that I'm responding to... :(

Let me know that your other account works so I can kill this new one (you should only have one account...).

Tom

xTcGurlx 12-23-2010 05:15 AM

Thank you, everything seems to be working now. The only thing i'm curious about is why it says that I have zero posts? I had at least 50 posts on different threads so I could post on the for sale threads. Is it possible that they were all deleted because my account was not used for so long?

Thanks,
Lisa

Tomas 12-23-2010 05:22 AM

It depends on the posts, Lisa. Some of the forums here automatically delete threads after 30 days of no activity, in other forums the posts do not count against the 50 needed for PPC posting.

Truthfully, the server has no record of posts for that account. :(

Tom

xTcGurlx 12-23-2010 05:28 AM

Well thats a bummer,
I dd just try to post in the general discussion threads and that same message popped up and wouldnt allow me to post a reply. But I'm able to post on this thread.. im confused. Are there only certain threads that I can post on?

Tomas 12-23-2010 05:44 AM

The only forums you can see that you can't post in SHOULD be the PPC forums and the Off Topic forums, Lisa.

The other "normal" forums should be OK.