Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Website Discussion (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/website-discussion-1613/)
-   -   wont allow me to post? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/website-discussion-1613/wont-allow-me-post-190438/)

Mr. Fancyhair 07-22-2010 06:11 PM

wont allow me to post?

i was in the photography category and tried posting a reply to a thread and it told me i cant because my account may not have sufficient priviledges... can someone help me with this?

thanks!

Mr. Fancyhair 07-22-2010 06:13 PM

also how do i get rid of the 18 next to my SN?

ack154 07-22-2010 06:21 PM

a) The Photography forum is part of the Off Topic forum. This particular area has limitations on who can post there. Specifically you need to be a registered member for at least 14 days and have a minimum of 50 posts. Once those two conditions are met, you should be able to post there without issue.

b) Click UserCP in the upper left. Then click the Edit Your Details link again in the upper left. In the middle you'll see your DOB. You can change this setting to hide your DOB and your age.

1GreeKtC 07-22-2010 06:21 PM

You don't have 50+ posts so you can't be posting in OT and I'm surprised how you posted on Flint's FS thread :ponder:

Just read the rules man, that never hurt anyone.

ps you can go to User CP to left and click edit profile and you might be able to not show your age, but what's the big deal?

Mr. Fancyhair 07-22-2010 06:25 PM

ok. that sucks! ive been looking on here but just never created an account.

and i clicked hide DOB and age but it didnt go away...

and @greek i guess theres nothing wrong with it being there... i just hate getting flamed for being 18 on forums... even though most everyone on here is pretty young.....

ack154 07-22-2010 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Fancyhair (Post 3634603)
ok. that sucks! ive been looking on here but just never created an account.

and i clicked hide DOB and age but it didnt go away...

and @greek i guess theres nothing wrong with it being there... i just hate getting flamed for being 18 on forums... even though most everyone on here is pretty young.....

Not sure what to tell you about the hiding age thing, as far as I know, that's the only option for it. Figured it would work.

As for being flamed for being young... as long as you show people some respect and don't try to come off like you know everything about everything, you'll be fine. That's the problem some younger people here have. They end up trying to prove everything wrong about stuff they know nothing about and get flamed back to hell for it.

1GreeKtC 07-22-2010 07:00 PM

Ack, how come he could post on PPC but not OT?

There's plenty of 18-19 year olds on here that don't get a flamed, the majority actually.
It all depends on how you portrait yourself and how well you take criticism.

Mr. Fancyhair 07-22-2010 09:54 PM

haha alright.

well i definitely dont know it all..... thats why im here right?

ack154 07-22-2010 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by 1GreeKtC (Post 3634654)
Ack, how come he could post on PPC but not OT?

There's plenty of 18-19 year olds on here that don't get a flamed, the majority actually.
It all depends on how you portrait yourself and how well you take criticism.

Didn't check PPC but he should be able to reply to threads in PPC - but not actually start a new thread.

darkllama45 05-28-2014 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by ack154 (Post 3634849)
Didn't check PPC but he should be able to reply to threads in PPC - but not actually start a new thread.

I'm a newbie to scionlife, and I must say that 50+ posts seems a little extreme. Most forums only require like 4 or 5 posts tops, if that. I'll be in my 40's before that happens and probably won't own a Scion anymore.