Notices
xB Tech and DIY Info for the Scion xB

FAQ Release Series 3.0 - Envy Green

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does anyone know if it will have the color tuned fabric like the other RS's?
Old 01-06-2006, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Lady_Luck
Does anyone know if it will have the color tuned fabric like the other RS's?
I'm saying no. NOTHING I have seen/heard has mentioned any difference in interior fabric. I'm sure it will have the new 2006.5 xB fabric, but my money is on it NOT being color-keyed.

In the previous release series they have been very proud of the color seat fabric and have always listed it in with the "mods". That isn't the case here so...

Yeah, the wife and I are going to be talking about that grille extensively tonight!

-Alex
Old 01-06-2006, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They didn't put a TV in the dash because of legal and liability issues. There's always the dash shelf for those DIY'ers
Old 01-06-2006, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn man... scion.com is going to release new "release series" I can't wait to see them all especially the xB RS 4.0...

Does scion really want many of us to trade in our own boxes? hehe, I think I might just be doing that so I can get my hands on a RS box : P
Old 01-06-2006, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ShadyEye16
They didn't put a TV in the dash because of legal and liability issues. There's always the dash shelf for those DIY'ers
thats why they have all those safety crutches on the aftermarket ones. i think they just didn't wanna have to pay for alpine to make a real one.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I have to agree with the RS series getting out of hand and giving us owners less and less to look foward to...Don't get me wrong, if aftermarket audio/video is your thing than rock it by all means, but I like to watch Pimp my ride, not own the crazy modded vehicles they customize...

Really, I mean no offense on stereo equipment lovers, I'm an enthusiast from afar as well...I've been to tons of shows and seen some really impressive setups, but it's just not my thing, and I feel that Scion is really beginning to stretch for those younger buyers now...Nice creative marketing ploy, but nothing that interests me...And as far as Apline being the company of choice for the equipment??? Alpine is definitely old school and one of the greats so I give Scion credit for that...Again, good marketing ploy...Is it making me "green with envy" as the color intends??? Um, not really...

I also agree that the original xB and xA RS series were the best...

xb- Color keyed fabric, spoiler, JDM paint, 6 disc changer with color change, strut bar, billit grill and cathodes...

xA- color keyed fabric, enkei rims, and a moonroof, red illumination in the sotrage bin, sport mesh grille, and the cd changer with color change among other add ons...

Other than the exhaust on the RS2 xB, there has been nothing new...Even the RS1 tC was a waste of money unless you like a red car...The body kit and spoiler were add ons and didn't even come with the package...And as far as the RS2 xA sheesh, don't get me started on that one...They made it available in the 06' tC color big whoop...Looks like a plain old xA to me...

What's really sad is when we go to trade these limited edition cars in...Anyone expecting to get more than an average base model xB etc is in for a rude awakening...

DAN
Old 01-06-2006, 11:34 PM
Banned
SL Member

More random thoughts ....

The reason there isnt a screen in the dash is for safety reasons. Install a navi unit and it says the same when you start the car up. DO NOT VIEW/USE WHILE DRIVING. Scion would be held liable for any mishaps.

The color ... isnt what i thought it would be. I was expecting a darker green. Maybe with a larger metallic flake to really set it off.

The options ... common, who yall trying to kid. I have seen on here some really nice head rests with screens installed going for 300 clams, give or take. Im sure that there are companies out there that can get decent ones installed for 600 $. Another $ 600 for a head unit. That leaves over a grand for the RS3 grill, wheel covers and tail.

Like previously posted ( Dan ) our RSs arent going to be worth more then any other box out there on the resale market. At best, maybe $500 more. People are getting the RSs to stand out a little further from the crowd that currently owns a xB. Its just a shame that its 1,300 more then what i paid for mine. And mine has the color matched interior.

The TRD Yaris is looking better and better.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

As an xB RS 1.0 owner... I'm GREEN WITH ENVY!!!!!!!!

so.. that's why my fiance is buying the car. Orange and Green family...

GO HURRICANES!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2006, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ...RADAR DETECTOR?....

What is that.... "Radar Intrusion sensor equipped security system"?
Is it a built in radar detector? If so, the whole car would be illegal to drive in Virginia.
Previously, a rader detector could be unplugged at the border of Virginia and taken down from the suction cups that hold it on the windshield. Now, RS3 owners will have to avoid Virginia when traveling up and down the east coast.

Great color. I want it......BUT, I do not want to be stuck with options that I do not want.
Do not want:
Built-in Radar Detector, or any alarm.
Scion spoiler.
Alpine stero equipment.
XM Sat Radio.
Video screens in headrests.

They are correct in offering just hubcaps because whatever wheels they equip this release with, most owners will swap thier own favorate wheels onto the green box.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

Well I like the color...I saw the color on a yaris in japan last year. Green Mica

It looks good in person. I also like Alpine, and they should of overed NAV with this configuration. Then there would be an excuse for the screen in the front ;) If it had NAV, then I'd consider trading my RS1 for one. But I do love my xB.

Also in consideration for trade (My 02 Camry) is the New 07 Camry or 06 RAV4. I will decide in the next few months once released.

2007 Camry Spy Shoots in the wild here > http://www.autoblog.com/2005/12/09/s...y-in-the-wild/
Old 01-07-2006, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Not feeling that shade of green. I had hoped for a more of a "Lime" color. Oh well?
Too bad you can't skip the video screens for something else of equal value. Like exhaust or other better parts.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Radar Intrusion sensor equipped security system

yea right like they would put a radar detector in any car from the factory!
it sounds more like it will be sensitive to people touching your car.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats a sick color hands down. i think its a great relese series to come out.

the grille is sick. i want one.

the radio looks confusing and an easy target for crooks
Old 01-07-2006, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

in my survey i mentioned that a door over the radio (like the tC has) would be a good thing to add to all the models. because it hides what you have in there, and many I have met would like to have one on their xA/xB
Old 01-07-2006, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Images

[/img]
Old 01-07-2006, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Old 01-07-2006, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Well I am almost positive i am gonna call up my connection at the dealer and get my name down for the rs 3. Before i do i have a question.
I own an 05 xb with less than 8000 miles, alloy wheels, carbon fiber interior( dash, door panels, steering wheel all real carbon). How much do you think I would get for it as a trade from the dealership?
Old 01-07-2006, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

most likely lose points for aftermarket items
Old 01-07-2006, 04:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

only thing really aftermarket is the carbon fiber and the exhaust but that is coming with me. Also i have an alarm w/ remote starter and LoJack if that makes any difference.

any idea of a price range? I did a Kelly Blue Book and came up with $13,000. im just wondering
Old 01-07-2006, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Minttoast
Well I am almost positive i am gonna call up my connection at the dealer and get my name down for the rs 3. Before i do i have a question.
I own an 05 xb with less than 8000 miles, alloy wheels, carbon fiber interior( dash, door panels, steering wheel all real carbon). How much do you think I would get for it as a trade from the dealership?
Per Kelly Blue Book....
Stick in excellent condition- $12,600
Auto in excellent condition- $13,175
Trade-in always sux. They don't care what you added (wheels or otherwise) They will screw you over everytime. They make money on both the trade in and your new purchase. I hate the whole process actually.

Quick Reply: FAQ Release Series 3.0 - Envy Green