Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   xB Tech and DIY (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/xb-tech-diy-1817/)
-   -   OEM Fog Light, Removal (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/xb-tech-diy-1817/oem-fog-light-removal-128120/)

MR_LUV 02-17-2008 04:21 AM

OEM Fog Light, Removal

*Disclaimer: any modifications, errors, or mishaps are the responsibility of the User.

I am Posting this Article because there was a misperception by a few who are suggesting that the whole Front Bumper
needs to be removed to Access the OEM Foglights. That is Not the Case,
I checked and did not see anyone Post pics on this Subject.
I hope this Helps.

MR LUV

Metro273 02-17-2008 04:23 AM

Great DIY! Now people can stop asking how to remove the foglights to change the bulbs... :clap:

burstaneurysm 02-18-2008 04:30 AM

I actually cringed at the use of a prybar. I'd almost rather remove the bumper...

Also, the bulbs can be swapped without removal Passenger access is a pain, but driver's side is cake.

MR_LUV 02-18-2008 07:38 AM

^^^^

You do not Have to use a pry bar. You can use anything you want to pop the foglights.
Even a kitchen utensil like a nylon spatula, a couple of credit cards, your fingernails.
Fishing line use to loop behind the fogs. By showing how it is done, you decide the tool.
With my pry bar, I can pop the foglight in 1/2 second.
Now if you Prefer to Remove the entire bumper...
The Choice is Yours...

MR LUV

Think Out of the Box

dpope 02-18-2008 05:41 PM

Too risky... I did my HID install on the fog lights by removing the bumper which I found out was so easy... But I agree with burstaneurysm that if it's just a bulb replacement, you can just reach for it... Just have someone with skinny arms to help you with the passsenger side lights...

hawaiiguy 02-19-2008 11:00 PM

^^^ 'someone with skinny arms to help with the passenger side lights', from where does one enter? from above, or below the bumper???

Metro273 02-19-2008 11:47 PM

Since I have a lift at work, I put the Box in the air and I can access the foglights from underneath...pretty easy to get to!

Bluelilweet013 01-21-2009 10:34 PM

Re: Tech: Foglight, Removal (Scion xB 04-06)

Hey Monsieur Luv great DIY post, but the problem that I am coming across is removing the bottom plug,
I've tried needle nose pliers, and my fingers but no deuce. I tried just hammering the light in with the plug in but only the top goes in.

Any tips on how to remove them?

___

MR_LUV 01-22-2009 04:55 AM

The Secret is there are 2 locking tabs on the plug behind the bracket.
I used a small pair of ignition pliers (looks like midget Channel-locks) to squeeze the
tabs. In a pinch try a small pocket screwdriver or stubby screwdriver.
You push in on one of the tabs, then rotate it around to get the other tab.

Once you get the plug off, when through, you mount it on the male post of the foglight
like the pic above.
Put a little grease on it, then carefully pound the whole unit in.
Use a rag to protect the lens.
Good Luck.

MR LUV