Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   xB2 Tech and DIY (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/xb2-tech-diy-1820/)
-   -   2nd Gen xB Tech files -- just updated (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/xb2-tech-diy-1820/2nd-gen-xb-tech-files-just-updated-182281/)

TrevorS 03-02-2010 12:44 AM

2nd Gen xB Tech files -- just refreshed!

Seems File Factory disabled my account since they made a minor account requirement change -- I wasn't informed. Sorry about that!

Since the previous links don't work anymore, I've just re-uploaded the most complete ZIP package. Size is about 96 MB.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/76bl...Files_Rev2.zip

============== BELOW LINKS DON'T WORK ===================

I just uploaded two compressed files that contain the previous information, plus good additional information on the engine, transmissions, clutch, and other miscellaneous data from a Camry site. It gets deeply into the details.

Download 2008_09_10xBTechFiles_Rev2.zip from FileFactory.com (96MB)

Download 2008_09_10xBTechFiles_Rev2.7z from FileFactory.com (79MB)

======================Previous======================
Cheers -- I just added a .zip version of the collection of 2008/09/10 xB tech files to FileFactory.com. It consists of a stack of info that was circulating earlier (xB_Tech.zip), plus more files I obtained myself (a number of additional EWD files plus the accessory installation files).

Here are links for the .zip file (Win and Mac compatible) and also the .7z version (more efficient) and associated unpack utility and unpack documentation. Both files provide the same result.

Download 2008_09_10xBTechFiles.zip from FileFactory.com (64MB)

Download 2008xBschematicsEtc.7z from FileFactory.com (52MB)
Download 7zipfree_8675.exe from FileFactory.com (2MB)
Download 7zUnpackInstructions.txt from FileFactory.com (1KB)

Hope you guys find it useful -- sure helped me :)!

FromTheOld 03-02-2010 01:08 AM

What's in these files exactly?

TrevorS 03-02-2010 03:48 AM

The compressed files contain Toyota/Scion PDF files for working on our cars (xB_Tech portion is from the service manual). Best way to find out anything more is to perform the download and take a look.

xseveredveganx 03-02-2010 07:18 AM

These are VERY helpful. I know I've used these to drop my headliner. Great information to have.

I thank you very much for providing them! :clap:

CIONIDE 03-02-2010 07:58 AM

Thank you TrevorS!

Way helpful to anybody with a brain and some curiosity.

Mods.... sticky, please.

FromTheOld 03-02-2010 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by TrevorS (Post 3490049)
The compressed files contain Toyota/Scion PDF files for working on our cars (xB_Tech portion is from the service manual). Best way to find out anything more is to perform the download and take a look.

Oh okay, I was just being cautious. Downloaded it, and it's good stuff. Nice to have a reference before I go under the hood/the car. It's a lot different than my old car :)

oreoremix42 04-09-2010 01:14 AM

For some reason I can't download them. It won't allow me to for some reason. Can anyone email these to me?

TrevorS 04-09-2010 06:10 PM

All of a sudden, I can't download them either :(!

============================================

I just discovered the problem. There's an error message being displayed saying there are no free download slots currently available. Here's a link to the description of the problem:

http://support.filefactory.com/kb/qu...s+that+mean%3F

Here's the primary text:

I can't download because your site says there are no download slots available - what does that mean?

Servers can handle a limited number of downloads at a time. In order to ensure that Premium members have access to their files at all times, we need to limit the number of downloads for free users. We do this by allocating a certain number of download slots for free downloaders.

If you receive a message saying that all download slots are currently busy, then the server is already at capacity and cannot serve any more downloads. This can sometimes occur during busy periods (daytime European time), so the best time to download is during off-peak times.

The best thing to do is to try again later, or upgrade to FileFactory Premium in order to get instant access to the file.

Puredrive 04-18-2010 11:15 AM

Darn. I just got an xB2 and wanted to download this..........

____

TrevorS 05-15-2010 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Puredrive (Post 3544184)
Darn. I just got an xb2 and wanted to download this..........

It downloads fine, you just have to have an open free slot. Traffic on the site varies and the free slots are shared.

Puredrive 05-16-2010 02:21 PM

^Yeah, I just got that. I was able to download stuff this morning and ended up finding torque specs that I had been looking for. Thanks.

Julian_xD 05-31-2010 06:25 AM

Can someone make one for the xD?? I'd love to see it one day!! :)

TrevorS 05-31-2010 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Julian_xD (Post 3584366)
Can someone make one for the xD?? I'd love to see it one day!! :)

My guess is it'll be someone either with an xD or a special interest in the xD that starts assembling such a file -- maybe you? Good luck :)!

TrevorS 01-31-2011 02:25 AM

I just discovered that for whatever reason (I think probably the least frequently accessed files of the set) two of the files I previously uploaded were deleted from the host site. So, I've re-uploaded them, but unfortunately, the old links don't work since their addresses have changed. Here are the new download links:

2008_09_10xBTechFiles_Rev2.zip -- Download 2008_09_10xBTechFiles_Rev2.zip from FileFactory.com

7zipfree_8675.exe -- Download 7zipfree_8675.exe from FileFactory.com

wantxb 12-09-2011 08:23 PM

I know its an old bump but THANK YOU Trevor and you know who I am lol.

ScionRomance 11-14-2012 08:57 PM

Very late though I am to the party, many thanks for some great information.

This download is still working. Anyone interested enough in their box to be on this board should have these on their computer.

Metalcoffin 02-23-2013 05:26 PM

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!:icon_headphones:

Ducky 04-22-2013 02:37 AM

These files no longer exist here. Does anyone know where I can get them? Or can someone email them?

Metalcoffin 04-22-2013 02:54 AM

Look under the "Tools" tab and then "Scion tech" at the top of this page. They should be there too.

IzmolioXB2 06-25-2013 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by TrevorS (Post 3489801)
Update!

I just uploaded two compressed files that contain the previous information, plus good additional information on the engine, transmissions, clutch, and other miscellaneous data from a Camry site. It gets deeply into the details.

Download 2008_09_10xBTechFiles_Rev2.zip from FileFactory.com (96MB)

Download 2008_09_10xBTechFiles_Rev2.7z from FileFactory.com (79MB)

======================Previous======================
Cheers -- I just added a .zip version of the collection of 2008/09/10 xB tech files to FileFactory.com. It consists of a stack of info that was circulating earlier (xB_Tech.zip), plus more files I obtained myself (a number of additional EWD files plus the accessory installation files).

Here are links for the .zip file (Win and Mac compatible) and also the .7z version (more efficient) and associated unpack utility and unpack documentation. Both files provide the same result.

Download 2008_09_10xBTechFiles.zip from FileFactory.com (64MB)

Download 2008xBschematicsEtc.7z from FileFactory.com (52MB)
Download 7zipfree_8675.exe from FileFactory.com (2MB)
Download 7zUnpackInstructions.txt from FileFactory.com (1KB)

Hope you guys find it useful -- sure helped me :)!

When I try to use your links to download from FileFactory I either get a "file is no longer available" or "file is forbidden from sharing" is this normal?