SL Member

thats hot
Old 03-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any new user reviews?!

We have shipped a few of these this week, so for those of you who just received yours, your thoughts and comments are definitely welcome here.

Old 03-02-2008, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

mines is on the way i cant wait to install and test it for myself
Old 03-03-2008, 01:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jspectoaster
mines is on the way i cant wait to install and test it for myself
Glad to see people jumping on this great SSK
Old 03-06-2008, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by NonStopTuning
Any new user reviews?!

We have shipped a few of these this week, so for those of you who just received yours, your thoughts and comments are definitely welcome here.

Hey all,

I drive a Corolla as it is known in Australia, I'm not 100% sure but I think it is known as the Auris all the way in America. The Corolla is running the same engine as the Scion XD and the 1.8L Yaris but the Corolla has a 6speed compared the Scions XD (I think).

After viewing the DIY of the NST-SSK I checked my engine bay and well it looks as if it will fit as it has the exact same arm with the pivot point and all.

Could I send you or someone photos to confirm that this will indeed fit as 80% of me would like to get this and the remaining 20% is just waiting to get a confirmation.

If this did fit to the Corolla I could try and get a group buy from Oz as there are many owners looking for mods for their Corollas, but unfortunately the mod scene here is very slow.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

NST you're going to OZ haha
Old 03-07-2008, 12:22 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2ZR-FE
Originally Posted by NonStopTuning
Any new user reviews?!

Hey all,

I drive a Corolla as it is known in Australia, I'm not 100% sure but I think it is known as the Auris all the way in America. The Corolla is running the same engine as the Scion XD and the 1.8L Yaris but the Corolla has a 6speed compared the Scions XD (I think).

Hello there!

Thank you for your interest in our site and products, we certainly do appreciate it.

I would suggest posting a few good pics of your assembly if you can. Especially the section where this SSK would install. That would be the first step to determining if this piece will work for your cars or not.

We do not have the 6speed tranny here in the USA as far as I am aware, so we can not garantee anything one war or the other, but looking at some pics would definitely help.

Thanks again, good luck and have fun with your project!

Old 03-07-2008, 12:24 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Garage1217
NST you're going to OZ haha
It would not be the first time. NST frequently ships to Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, United Kingdom, Canada, Puerto Rico, etc etc.

We continue to grow and our customer base has increased significantly in the recent past.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:11 AM

These are the imags that I have...

Hope they really do fit cause it's reduces throws by 30% and yet it's really good price.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

NST's stuff makes a huge difference in the feel of your shifts. I put their stainless steel bushings on my tC last year and absolutely love them. This mod is well worth the money and I recommend NST's product to everyone. Its the little things like this that make your car more fun to drive.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2ZR-FE
These are the imags that I have...

Hope they really do fit cause it's reduces throws by 30% and yet it's really good price.
By the pics it looks like it should be a direct fit..!

By the way, I drive a 08 Yaris TS with the 2ZR-FE engine and I use to had 07 Yaris with the 1.5L and I had the NST pulley kit installed in it. NST products Rocks!!

I've been trying to find some support to show NST interest for they to design a Pulley Kit for our engine.

I can tell you by my previous experience that these guys are real pros and their customer service is the best.

If we can get enough people I'm sure NST would get us a pulley kit..!
Old 03-11-2008, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by CASTREX

By the pics it looks like it should be a direct fit..!

By the way, I drive a 08 Yaris TS with the 2ZR-FE engine and I use to had 07 Yaris with the 1.5L and I had the NST pulley kit installed in it. NST products Rocks!!

I've been trying to find some support to show NST interest for they to design a Pulley Kit for our engine.

I can tell you by my previous experience that these guys are real pros and their customer service is the best.

If we can get enough people I'm sure NST would get us a pulley kit..!
Cheers,

I'll be placing my order for the SSK very shortly...

LOL I also had the 1.5L Yaris, but I now have the 07 Model Corolla. I think I remember you from YarisWorld?

Yeah I agree totally, I have never driven a car with a pulley kit before, but if there was a kit for this car I would get it. Maybe we could get all the 2ZR-FE Corollas, the Yaris and the XD boys to get some interest in the kit and then maybe NST will make some more of their magic with a kit for a car.

Think about it though... Three different car, all with the same engine. If the parts are universal for all three cars then you would be killing 3 birds with 1 stone???
Old 03-12-2008, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeap, active member from Yaris World... but now I have one feet there and one feet here... you know, yaris chasis and xD engine...

BTW, have you seeing the threads about the intake manifold? The one designed by Richard Holdner??

He was able to put down 145WHP on a xD with the Intake manifold and a full exhaust... +15WHP only from the IM. On the 1.5L Yaris he already broke the 120WHP mark with one of his manifolds.

He has the design for our engine ready... but it depends on the demand for him to mass produce it.

By the numbers he has posted... that should be the best bang for the buck... for a NA 2ZR-FE...

I don't doubt we could see a 150WHP 2ZR-FE with all the bolt ons and some tuning
Old 03-12-2008, 03:03 AM

I have seen the thread on the intake manifold, but the Corolla here in Oz seems to have a little bit more juice than the XD as we as stock are producing 135hp compared to the 128hp. I do agree though that the Dual VVTI might have some potential and needs to be explored.

I have seen some pictures of the engine XDs engine bay and the battery location is different, so im hoping that it's only that and nothing else. If it was a completely different setup then some XD and Yaris 1.8 mods might not fit without some custom work to it.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Regarding the HP numbers... I'm almost sure that those differences are caused by different ways to measure the horse power, but the actual output is the same. My car is rated at 136hp according to the manual.

The 128hp from the xD vs 135hp are due to the SAE adjustments.

There prove of it is that Dyno sheet posted by Richard Holdner for his bone stock xD showed 119Whp. No way that the drivetrain lost for the xD will only be 9%.

Now if you use a more real drive train % loss like 15%, What you get? 119 * 15% = 136HP !!!

This wouldn't be the first car that make's more power than what the manufacturer published. Is just a matter of how the numbers are calculated. If you compare fuel consumption standards for a car in he US and the same car in other place... the US numbers are lower.

Even if your assumption on the OZ engine making a little bit more power was true, that only means that the improvements made by Richard's manifold would be higher on you engine!!

Regarding the differences on the engine bay,, try to post some pics of your engine bay. If the battery is located on a different place it shouldn't interfere at all with the intake manifold, it could mean a different Cold air intake position, but that is all.

According to Richard his design doesn't mess with the position of the throttle body so all that should remain the same causing you no problems.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:40 AM

Makes sense... different country, different standards.

I haven't got a picture of my complete engine bay at work but I it looks very similar to the XDs. I agree that the mods should be a universal fit between the two even the Weapon R CAI seems it will fit.

What do you think CASTREX, well worth it to get the WR intake?
Old 03-13-2008, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I actually have a SEMI WR intake in my Yaris.

Well... I had and WR for my old 1.5l Yaris and I just snap the cone filter on my new OEM intake.

Due to the design of our inatke I woudn't throw my money there. You would be better off just buiying a nice filter, remiving the box and snaping the filter.

You should look for a 3" (80mm) inlet diam filter. I will be replacing the WR filter for a HKS one soon.

That short ram intake is just one little tiny tube.... that's all. I would said just buy a nice cone filter and snap it there. You just need the filter, a 3"(80mm) sillicone coupler and the ties... and it will perform just as well as the WR plus you get that amazing rooarr sound at full throttle. I'll post some pics of my set up later.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

got mine today at 11:40.had to be at work at 12:00.had it installed in about 3 min and test drove it to work.oh my gawd this thing is awesome i didnt think it would reduce the throw that much.i didnt think i was in 1st the first time.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

AWESOME!!! Thank you for the kind words!

Old 04-19-2008, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i will be ordering mine soon... can't wait!!!

Quick Reply: Short Shifter Install (NST)