View Full Version : My Gas Mileage -__-

borninussr
08-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Just got my xb just lest than a week ago. I love this car to death :love: but....Its weird I already have about 110 miles on it and the gas tank is already half full :nails: . I do use the ac at about level 2 on average. I dont have a heavy foot. But still don't you think I should be getting more mpg out of this car. Let me know if you guys are getting the same thing. :doh: O and I drive about 65% on the freeway and 35% in the city.

superboxcarxb
08-22-2007, 09:10 AM
it should be way better than that! 110 divided by 7 gallons equals.....not much...You should have that checked out ASAP.

javastan
08-22-2007, 09:21 AM
I would wait. It needs to break in a a little. My xb (not a gen 2) hardly got 25 mpg the first 1000 miles. This is normal for a lot of cars. At 1000-1500 miles do an oil change. The break in period will be over. Your gas milage should go up.

TheUglyOne
08-22-2007, 06:27 PM
You're having the same semi-frustrating new buyer's experience I was having.
For the first 1800 miles I was only getting about 22 MPG in my Scion XA. Now I am @ 3300 miles and it has steadily climbed to about 30 MPG. Just give it like a month and you should see major improvement.

dz302
08-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Just got my xb just lest than a week ago. I love this car to death :love: but....Its weird I already have about 110 miles on it and the gas tank is already half full :nails: . I do use the ac at about level 2 on average. I dont have a heavy foot. But still don't you think I should be getting more mpg out of this car. Let me know if you guys are getting the same thing. :doh: O and I drive about 65% on the freeway and 35% in the city.You can't judge your mileage, broke in or not, until you re-fill your tank and calculate. Try to fill at the same station and the same pump. Same number of clicks when you fill up too.

Trying to judge your mileage any other way just doesn't work, unless you have had the car for awhile and have a feel for it.