Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Cool feature - Control windows after engine is off

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Cool feature - Control windows after engine is off

I discovered this yesterday: after turning the engine off and even after removing the key, you can still roll windows up and down until you open a door. If it's dark, you'll be able to see the AUTO text on the driver's window control illuminated until you open the door, too.

I'm used to having to wait a few seconds to roll up windows before turning off the engine in the 1st-gen, I don't have to do that anymore!
Old 09-16-2007, 03:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do u know if the lights will auto turn off?
Old 09-16-2007, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DJ_FroZone
do u know if the lights will auto turn off?
No they will not unfortunately.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, on the tc, when you turn the engine off and pull out the key, you can still close the windows and sun roof and the running lights stay on until i open the door to get out, then they all shut off.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:54 PM
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I swear the headlights auto turn off. I parked at my work in a private parking garage (which is fairly dark) and forgot to turn my headlights off. I went into work for 7 or 8 hours and came back out and didn't notice any lights on. Got in the car, turned her on and the headlights were on once I turned it on.

Maybe it just has a VERY long timeout on turning them off?
Old 09-16-2007, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BloodHoundFan
I swear the headlights auto turn off. I parked at my work in a private parking garage (which is fairly dark) and forgot to turn my headlights off. I went into work for 7 or 8 hours and came back out and didn't notice any lights on. Got in the car, turned her on and the headlights were on once I turned it on.

i hope so that would be great
Old 09-16-2007, 03:35 PM
SL Member

You can only do the window thing for a short amount of time, even leaving the doors closed. I don't know exactly how long, I think it's only about a minute.
Kiiski
Old 09-16-2007, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey do u know if it will play data cds? instead of an audio or mp3 cd? i know the options on itunes i wondered if it worked for anybody
Old 09-16-2007, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DJ_FroZone
hey do u know if it will play data cds? instead of an audio or mp3 cd? i know the options on itunes i wondered if it worked for anybody
well i make a data cd and put mp3s on it and it plays it, its cool getting well over 100 songs on a cd and playing them in your car, you can take your favorite artists complete discography on one cd in most cases
Old 09-17-2007, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

its prolly more of an "in case" feature than a convienience [sp?] feature. usually they would go off in 30 seconds to a minute if it was meant to be. it's prolly like the interior lights of some cars, that if they are left on, they go off after some time to preserve the battery. IMO.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:02 PM

The feature you are talking about is called RAP. It's an acronym for Retained Accessory Power. A lot of Chevys have it for their radios
Old 09-18-2007, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^^^
its on a lot of cars now. I believe its on all General Motors cars now. my sisters Yukon and my dads H2 both have it.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This has been my ONLY complaint about the car. My '94 corolla, then the tC did it where you opened the doors and the lights would turn off. If what you said is the case w/ the xB, that's fine by me. I'll try it tonight. With the gauges always being illuminated, I have a slightly hard time remembering the lights (luckily the beep is there)
Old 09-19-2007, 03:21 PM
SL Member

That's weird. This wasn't the case a month ago when i went shopping at ikea with the misses. We spent about 2.5 hours in the store and come out to find the lights were still on. Needless to say, I haven't forgot to turn 'em off since. So I don't think there's an auto shut off, I mean, if there was, wouldn't they technically have to mention it in the manual, which they don't. And even if there were, why would they choose some vast and arbitrary time like 7 hours?
Old 09-20-2007, 04:01 AM
SL Member

That really stinks that this car doesn't have that feature, just another thing the tC has I wish I could get in the new xB. Another thing that bugs me is that the tC gets auto up/down windows, I figured the new xB would at least get it on the front windows. Oh well, I guess that's where the extra 1,000 comes from that the tC costs. :-/

Even my 92 Dodge Stealth turns its lights off automatically when I get out of it.