Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Does anyone have specs on the factory audio system?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 03:19 AM

Default Does anyone have specs on the factory audio system?

Hello Everyone,

I have the Pioneer premium head unit. I am hoping that someone knows where I can find the output specs for the head unit (e.g. freq range ouput, dB level, distortion %, etc.) for both the speaker level and RCA outputs. I know the system puts out 160W, but that's all. I am also looking to find out what the same type of specs are for all of the stock speakers.

I was very disappointed in the stock system that came with the Xb as I expected a much better sounding system based on the price I paid for for the upgraded audio system. I ended up having to replace all of the stock speakers, add tweeters on the upper rear door panels, and add a powered sub to get much, much better sound than what came with the stock system. I still have the premium head unit and the system sounds great now.

Please note that I spent hours searching this forum, the internet, and I even contacted Pioneer, Scion, and Toyota directly, but I've had no luck in getting/finding this information. Pioneer tells me to contact Scion, Scion tells me to contact Toyota and Toyota tells me to contact Pioneer. Go Figure!

Thanks!
Old 06-20-2008, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I didn't get the upgraded system, only the basic deck....the specs are on the last page of the owners manual for your particular deck, although I couldn't find any figures like distortion% or frequency range, sorry......I think even the cheapest decks now can easily do 20Hz-20K with very little deviation.